GBS question

• Anonymous
      June 8, 2006 at 5:38 am

I was diagnosed and hospitalized with GBS in 1985. I have never fully recovered in that I have mild loss of sensation in my hands, face and feet. I also have bouts of this disease (increases in symptoms, including visual problems) from time to time and these are brought on by exposure to any type of insect sprays, etc. Does anyone else have anything happening to them like this? If so, what do you do about it other than avoid sprays, etc.?

Thanks!

• Anonymous
      June 8, 2006 at 9:42 am

Hi,

I find that I am much more sensitive to household chemicals, such as, bleach or cleaning fluids. Fortunately, I barely have enough energy to do much housework or maintain a garden so I can avoid them. Try to use only natural cleaners and remember my motto: Housework is a Bummer!!! 😀

• Anonymous
      June 8, 2006 at 11:01 am

hi cs & welcome,

each of us, when exposed to stress, can have our residuals act up. most likely this is what is happeneing to you. my triggers are heat & physically over doing it. yes, avoid these chemicals like the plague. take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength

• Anonymous
      June 9, 2006 at 5:47 am

Thank you for your replies. I just worry when this happens. It is very stressful in itself.

Chris