GBS on NBC11 in SF Bay Area

• Anonymous
      February 28, 2007 at 1:39 pm

I’m sitting here getting my IVig tx and what do I hear on the news…another announcement about Anna Nicole? NO! a report on using adaptive technology to help GBS patients communicate with as little muscle movement as chin movement…and they pronounced it correctly.

Also, in a completely unrelated issue, anyone ever hear about Guillatab? the supposed natural “remedy” to GBS? (www.guillatab.com/)

• Anonymous
      February 28, 2007 at 3:05 pm

Guillatab sounds like a classic scam. I’m surprised that they’re going after a relatively small group of people.

I say it’s a scam since it’s an over-the-counter treatment, and it’s not cheap. Although they have a 60-day money back guarantee, [quote=http://www.guillatab.com/about_tab.html]Treatment with Guillatab is very rapid obvious results can be noticed within 40 days of use. A complete course of treatment lasts three months. . . .Guillatab comes for a fixed price of $230 for a one month supply[/quote]

They list themselves as being in Scotland so you could try contacting them. But maybe you, or one of the other members who posts on the UK board, can post there for more info?

Health Solutions, Scotland
      44-46 Morningside Road
      Suite 335
      Edinburgh, Scotland EH10 4BF
      United Kingdom

• Anonymous
      February 28, 2007 at 10:51 pm

I would not even think to get this—there is no test for gbs, there is no exact cause for gbs, there is NO CURE for gbs!!! don’t buy this treatment-i wonder what the FDA would say about this “treatment”!:mad:

• Anonymous
      February 28, 2007 at 11:19 pm

OK, so just for a laugh or to put the cat amongst the pigeons I emailed them, asking them for more info, asking about permanent nerve damage, sidp and cidp, saying Im worried about it because the FDA doesn not regulate natural or herbal meds etc, so I’m concerend it may not be effective blah blah blah. I know VERY well that this is a scam, just want to see if they will email me back.

• Anonymous
      March 1, 2007 at 12:59 pm

Alright everyone, this is the answer I got today.

[SIZE=2][quote][SIZE=2]
      Dear Alison
      Thank you for your mail.
      Our remedy is not intended as a cure, but as an effective treatment to prevent the situation from worsening.
      Our remedy has no effect on permanently damaged nerves.
      Our efficacy rates are around 40%.
      Please let us know if you have any questions.
      Yours Sincerely,
      Scotland Health Support
      [/SIZE][/quote]

Do I even need to respond, specially since they say that their treatments lasts 3 months ….. We all know that if it is GBS then the attack should not last longer than 4 weeks. [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][quote][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Guillatab is clinically proven to treat Guillain-Barre Syndrome successfully. You may download a summary of our clinical study in Adobe’s PDF format.[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote] [FONT=Verdana]Note the claim they make, and also they say their clinical study is available, just not true ….. once clicked on, it says it will be available soon. Just a little angry because of what I believe are blatently false statements.:mad: [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
      [/SIZE]

• Anonymous
      March 1, 2007 at 2:04 pm

I’m trying to stop laughing…….here’s the Ingredients of this new miracle cure:

[QUOTE]The main ingredients of Guillatab tablets are:

Magnesium Murakab
      Zinc Murakab
      Berberis aristate Ext
      Egg Shell Calcium
      Sulphur
      Substituted olive Oil

The exact proportion of each ingredient has been deliberately kept secret to avoid imitations of our confidential formula.[/QUOTE]

• Anonymous
      March 1, 2007 at 3:24 pm

I know Ken, I dont know whether I should crack up laughing or be ANGRY :confused:

• Anonymous
      March 1, 2007 at 3:35 pm

Alison, you’re being very naughty 🙂

I, too, was a little taken aback by the click-here-for-our-clinical-study/there-is-no-study ruse.

I’m curious if any of the UK boarders are familiar with this outfit. A “40% efficacy rate” suggests that they’ve duped at least five people. It’s quite sad really.

• Anonymous
      March 1, 2007 at 4:02 pm

Oh Olav …. I know:cool: 😀

I’m so sick of people being duped! I have just posed on the UK Forum to ask if they had heard of this site etc.

• Anonymous
      March 14, 2007 at 10:52 am

Alison, you seem to have unleashed a British invasion! They’re all over that scam. (And a passel of others 😮 )

• Anonymous
      March 14, 2007 at 11:29 am

Olav,

I’m so glad that they are at least trying to do something, even if it is just to report them. These scammers are unbelievable!

• Anonymous
      March 15, 2007 at 10:03 am

It’s so good that the .pdf file isn’t even posted yet about the treatment and results.

• Anonymous
      March 15, 2007 at 10:47 am

Jer,

If you go onto the UK GBS forum, you will see that Admin posted all the other sites these guys have, all with these wonder treatments, ALL .pdf files are ‘missing’……….Hmmmm :rolleyes: