GBS has made me better looking!

• Anonymous
      October 2, 2011 at 8:10 pm

OK-I am 17 months into my journey with GBS. Spent lotsa months in hospitals and rehab units just like most of you.

One thing I have come to realize. GBS has a pleasant side effect.

The ladies become more attractive (I dare say more beautiful!)
      The guys become handsome and more studly!

This has been verified by personal experience–my roommate in rehab also has GBS and our OT was diagnosed in 1980. Our OT (she) is a very pretty blond angel.

All of us were very plain and nondescript folks prior to GBS. Now we are…………..well what can I say?:)

Surely you folks have noticed the same?

• Anonymous
      October 3, 2011 at 2:22 pm

What????????

This is a joke post, right??

Or are you just ignoring the hair loss, weight gain, lopsided smile, haggardness, pain wrinkles from constant grimacing, swollen hands and crippled extremities, bent back, swollen, shuffling feet, not to mention the toenails/fingernails oddities?

Perhaps you mean ‘inner beauty’? Hey, I’ll take that, if nothing else.

• Anonymous
      October 6, 2011 at 11:21 pm

It’s all in how you choose to look at yourself! I choose to not take myself too seriously. Or my illness–life has it’s share of challenges already.

I went from healthy to totally paralyzed in 5 hours. Unconscious for 2 months. Lost 25% of my body weight while unconscious. Moved nothing from the neck down for 4 months. 9 months before I saw home again.

I am blessed, thankful and happy to be here!

Hope all ya’ll are too!!

• Anonymous
      October 8, 2011 at 1:21 am

Appreciation of life.

• Anonymous
      October 8, 2011 at 10:53 am

“Upright and pink” takes on serious, memorable and happy meanings to many.
      BTDT.

Mackie

And, was it not Hank Williams, Jr. who proclaimed, ‘All the girls get prettier at closing time?’:D

• Anonymous
      October 10, 2011 at 12:05 am

After experiencing a few years ago something similar to what WBowyer explains I have to somewhat agree with the observation. Well, it didn’t do much for my own appearance but I see beauty in a whole new light and fell in love with a whole group of individuals who helped me thorough the ordeal.

• Anonymous
      October 14, 2011 at 11:39 pm

[QUOTE=hutsky]After experiencing a few years ago something similar to what WBowyer explains I have to somewhat agree with the observation. Well, it didn’t do much for my own appearance but I see beauty in a whole new light and fell in love with a whole group of individuals who helped me thorough the ordeal.[/QUOTE]

My OT at Woodrow Wilson Rehab Center in Fishersville, Va is a young lady who was hit with GBS in 1980. She was 17 at the time. Sadly she is still in a wheelchair to this day. But she is one of the most beautiful ladies I have ever known. She is an inspiration to me and touches and blesses the lives of all those who meet her.