GBS Chapters

• Anonymous
      October 8, 2008 at 6:45 pm

I got a pamphlet from the foundation today and it has the name and number of a chapter in the area. What exactly do they do? If i email him, is there things for the foundation I can do?

• Anonymous
      October 8, 2008 at 8:32 pm

Hi Carolyn! An email to that Chapter might be a good idea. They will most likely contact you back and let you know what things they could use or volunteering as maybe a Liasson or Assistant Liasson. They would most likely be the ones that would be able to answer your questions. But an email can’t hurt!

• Anonymous
      October 8, 2008 at 10:57 pm

Thank you, Linda!! I would especially love to visit GBS patients in the hospital. I know what they are going through and I know its tough to see the light at the end of the tunnell!

• Anonymous
      October 9, 2008 at 11:28 pm

Carolyn,

I am a liasion in my area of SE Michigan. We appreciate any help we can get, so I am sure he/she would love to hear from you and will be a great resource for you. If I can be of any help please feel free to PM me.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      October 10, 2008 at 7:35 am

Thank you everyone!

• Anonymous
      October 10, 2008 at 4:01 pm

Hi Carolyn and thanks for asking the question!
      I didn’t know there were chapters either and I want to volunteer at my local hospitals as well. I can remember vividly the day my “coach” came in.
      I was thinking, “These people keep telling me to be cool, it’s just temporary. You should (should?) make a complete recovery. They don’t know what I’m going through. They don’t even take care of themselves. I mean, look at that nurse’s big butt over there, she just knocked over that poor guys dinner with it!” And in walks this guy and says, “I know what you’re thinking.” I said, “Phhht, yeah right.” And he said, “You’re thing all these pencil necks are walking around like normal and saying stuff like ‘Don’t worry, it’s just temporary and you’ll make a complete recovery’, but they have no idea how scary it is right?” I was feeling a little pissy at the moment so I said, “Well, you didn’t get the part about the nurse’s butt….” He raised his eyebrows and I said, “Never mind”. Anyway, we hit it off right away and I couldn’t imagine going through the experience without him now.
      So I can’t wait to get started. How do we sign up?
      Johnny Mac

• Anonymous
      October 10, 2008 at 4:10 pm

So true!!

I just emailed the guy and he gave me his number to call him up.