GBS and conccussion

• Anonymous
      September 29, 2008 at 8:06 am

32yr ago I had GBS, an unknown illness….I had a full blown case. Took me almost 2 yrs to somewhat be normal again. For these past years my bottom of feet STILL burn with a tingling, sharp pains.

Now 32yrs later, I was beaten and robbed. I have suffered a concussion and would like to know if this can flair up GB again?

Also, what type of medications are out there now to help with pain in the bottom of my feet?

I pray someone can help me

tks, sarah:confused:

• Anonymous
      September 29, 2008 at 12:56 pm

Sarah, Sorry To hear you are suffering. Stress can be the cause right now. You are obviously going through a very stressful situation, which can cause all kinds of health issues to arise. There are meds you can take to help control the pain, either neurotin, lyrica or antidepressants will help, its really an individual thing. I hope you can recover and control the stress you are going through. Take Care.

• Anonymous
      September 29, 2008 at 7:44 pm

Hi Sarah, there are lots of us lurking here who had GBS many years ago. It has been 25 years for me. I too have issues with residuals. They were doing good but about 4-5 years ago I began seeing an increase so I like to check in here and get support from others like myself. Hopefully you do too.

I starteda thread a couple weeks ago asking for advice around the pain in my feet that did not require me to take meds…I was on the road working and needed to try to treat them withour any medication. Check that thread out as I got lots of good advice and a lot of it works. The ice trick is wonderful and if I do it before bed, I can sleep so much better as the pain is numbed. I think the thread is called Need Your advice”.

Let us know if you need more info.

• Anonymous
      September 30, 2008 at 12:30 am

[FONT=”Arial Narrow”][SIZE=”3″]Sarah, I feel bad that you were beating and robbed….geez, what is this world coming too?

Maybe you can try scheduling an appointment with a Neurologist, or your doctor to get things checked out.

Hope you feel better. [/SIZE][/FONT]

• Anonymous
      September 30, 2008 at 4:45 am

Sarah, I’m sorry that you are experiencing the residual stuff 🙁 I am 13+ years out and have never been able to go back to work. I take Neurontin for the pain and it makes a huge difference for me. Lyrica is a similar med that some tolerate better. For my feet, at nite, I rub them with Vicks and put socks on. They get so warm and I sleep better.

I am so sorry for your being beaten and robbed. That is a traumatic event that most definitely could flair up residuals. Do you have a doctor that understands this kind of stuff?

Please be good to yourself ~ warm baths, quiet time, gentle music and the wonderful fresh foods that are available right now. Lots of rest can make a difference. I wish you “well”. 🙂

• Anonymous
      September 30, 2008 at 8:11 am

I want to THANK all the replies I recieved, and great advise.

Good luck and Peace always with with all of us

Sarah