GBS & Graft vs. Host Disease

• Anonymous
      August 21, 2006 at 12:03 pm

[FONT=”Comic Sans MS”]Hi,

I’m a new member, who is happy to have found this site. 🙂

My sister has been battling Hodgkin’s Disease for 13 years, and is currently recovering from her most recent treatment, a bone marrow transplant which she underwent in Sept. 2005. She experienced acute and chronic GVHD post transplant.

In July 2006 she was diagnosed with GBS. My question is if anyone has had any experience with GBS or CIDP post bone marrow transplant, possibly as a symptom of GVHD? We have done a [B]lot[/B] of research and have asked numerous doctors if they could be connected…but no one seems to definitely know the answer.

Any help you might be able to offer would be great!

Vicki[/FONT]

• Anonymous
      August 21, 2006 at 4:04 pm

Hi there. I have GBS and was recently discharged from the hospital I was sent to the Mayo Clinic for the last 3 weeks or my hospitalization which is a good place to be when if you need to be in the hospital. Anyways, I was recently reading on the Mayo Clinic site about GBS and it does mention that Hodgkin’s disease may precede GBS. You can take a look at the article that they have on GBS if interested by going to their main page of mayoclinic.com, in the red find it fast box click on G and then scroll down to Guillian-Barre Syndrome. The info about Hodgekins preceding it was on the Causes page. Hope this helps.

• Anonymous
      August 21, 2006 at 5:38 pm

[FONT=”Comic Sans MS”]Thank you for the information about the Mayo Clinic site, doby48. I’ve heard great things about the hospital, and glad to hear your experience was good, too. I have checked out the info, and will keep nosing around.[/FONT]