GBS Advice – Doctors Near Englewood, Florida

• Anonymous
      January 26, 2012 at 3:00 am

Good evening. I was thrilled to find this organization and to learn that it is so close by to me – I live in Broomall, PA.

My name is Kim Yacoubian and I have a dear friend of the family who lives in Florida, and was diagnosed with GBS after he woke up from a standard back operation which has left him paralyzed from the legs down. His doctors said it surfaced as a result of the operation.

He has made no progress so far in terms of physical therapy over the last two months due to the onset of infections. The family though is beginning to question the diagnosis because they feel he doesn’t present as a typical GBS case. They live in Englewood, Florida and I was wondering if you might be able to help recommend reputable neurologists in their neck of the woods for a second opinion.

(I know right now the family desperately needs an advocate/assistance with navigating the situation. I signed up online to see if a Chapter of your organization exists in Florida as well.)

Thank you so much for your time. Looking forward to hearing from you. Warm regards.

Kim Yacoubian
      kimartyac@gmail.com

• Anonymous
      January 29, 2012 at 3:44 am

I’m in Orlando and don’t know neurologists down in Englewood, but I would recommend researching to find a board-certified neurologist. Preferably one who is or has been associated with a teaching hospital, i. e. USF in Tampa. At the very least, I would verify whether the neurologist had ever treated anyone with GBS. (Caveat. I would also check the state’s record of malpractice actions against doctors.)

• Anonymous
      January 29, 2012 at 3:58 pm

Thank you for the advice foxroberta. It is VERY MUCH appreciated and needed at this time. I have passed it on to the family. Warm regards.

Kim

• Anonymous
      February 1, 2012 at 7:49 pm

Foxroberta- I live in Orlando as well. Can you send me names of neurologists in the area you would recommend? I am post-GBS 6.5 years and I’m having many residual issues, including arrhythmia. Thanks!