GB pain?

• Anonymous
      July 13, 2006 at 1:28 pm

I had GB in early 2002. I recovered fairly well but have had many medical problems since. Now they can’t seem to figure out what is going on with me now. I’m told by Doctors that you fully recover from GB. I had femoral artery surgery in 2004 for lack of proper blood flow to my leg. Now I have pain in my leg again, I have some vision problems also. They have checked the arteries and they are clear, they’ve also ruled out a blood clot. I keep asking if it could be residule from the GB since this has been a problem since then. Any advice? Could it still be the GB affecting me? I never took any meds following the GB-Doc never mentioned anything.

• Anonymous
      July 13, 2006 at 1:54 pm

kyliz,

I am not that eloquent when it comes to explaining things, but I will give you a few thoughts, and I know others will come in and explain far better than me. GBS is such a mystery to the medical community, not that many know anything about it, and opinions vary. Apathy is sometimes a big problem in some medical communities, and for a doctor to say theat one will completely recover from GBS is just so [I]wrong[/I]! People recover differently, both physically and time wise. Also there are varying degrees of residual effects, which often last a lifetime. (you will see all the expamples on the forum) One good thing about this forum, is that we are often able to find out if certain symptoms are common to other GBSers or CIDP’ers, and then somehow find answers from there. It is so frustrating, but thank goodness for our forum family who support us. Yes, the pain could most definitely be a residual of GBS, and I have also seen some posts of members who have vision problems.

I know you will have lots of answers, and I hope they will help answer some of your problems.

• Anonymous
      July 13, 2006 at 6:36 pm

hi kyliz & welcome,

there is a good chance that whatever you felt since your gbs attack are your gbs residuals. neurontin for neurological pain. go up to 5600 mg/day & if pain is not gone/less it’s not for you. i’m bringing up a thread that you should see, something abt pain & fatigue by parry. take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength

• Anonymous
      July 14, 2006 at 12:49 pm

Thank You. I am finding this forum very helpful.

• Anonymous
      July 14, 2006 at 10:04 pm

Hi Kyliz,
      I’m new here as well. I have been getting an education here, and passing it on to my PT, OT and Dr. hang in.
      Net

• Anonymous
      July 14, 2006 at 10:12 pm

Hi Kyliz,

I also had GBS in 2002/2003.

Even though I had a minor case of it, compared to most here,
      I have never been the “same” since I got it.

I kind of go medical issue to medical issue now, whereas before GBS, I literally NEVER got sick. EVER.

Whether its pain in my knees (residual), or when getting tired, I just get REALLY tired, where I literally shut down, (residual), to even anxiety/panic attacks, (presumably residual too).

I swear I aged 20 years in the short time I had GBS.

Scott