frequent urination in women at night

• Anonymous
      March 19, 2007 at 6:09 pm

Greetings to all – Just wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing frequent urination, especially at night. Could this be attributed to another GBS symptom? I think I read previously that it is. I seem to be having this problem on regular basis, no pain, but some burning and frequencey. I’ve taken medication and also some cranberry supplements and other natural stuff, but the problems don’t seem to go away. Please reply. Thanks

• Anonymous
      March 19, 2007 at 7:30 pm

Bunny, get a UTI test right away. Urinary Trac Infections will play havoc with you especially since you are post GBS. Don’t mess with it. It is a simple pee in a cup test and if you test positive the medication takes hold almost immediately.

• Anonymous
      March 20, 2007 at 8:00 pm

Hi

Just wanted to agree with JayDee. It’s quite easy for females to get a urinary tract infection. Surely, the burning sensation would not be caused by GBS?

If you have a UTI and you ignore it, you just set the scene for worse problems to come (with your kidneys etc).

Just because it might not be an infection, does not mean it isn’t.

God bless

• Anonymous
      March 21, 2007 at 6:20 am

Hello I realize I’m not a doctor but I am a CENA at a nursing home and I’ll tell you if you’ve got a UTI and don’t get it taken care of alot of other problems will arise. Be sure to see your doctor you probably need to get on some bactruim and pyridium(which makes you urinate yellowish orange) also you can get AZO which is an over the counter drug for UTI’s. Its probably a good idea to drink plenty of water each day and cranberry juice or take a couple cranberry pills each day. Good luck and I hope it helps. I know how it feels to have this. Plus not getting the right meds could lead to a kidney infection which is much worse.

• Anonymous
      March 21, 2007 at 11:52 pm

I too had this problem and was waking about every two hours or so. When the weather got very cold this winter I threw an extra blanket on my bed one night and slept through til morning. My skin seemed to feel hot most of the time so I guess I didn’t realize I was getting chilled during the night and would wake up and then have to go. I feel so much more rested now without flip flopping all night long.

Mari

• Anonymous
      March 21, 2007 at 11:53 pm

I too had this problem and was waking about every two hours or so. When the weather got very cold this winter I threw an extra blanket on my bed one night and slept through til morning. My skin seemed to feel hot most of the time so I guess I didn’t realize I was getting chilled during the night and would wake up and then have to go. I feel so much more rested now without flip flopping all night long.

Mari

• Anonymous
      March 22, 2007 at 1:42 pm

Bunny I had this same problem for years. I was on preventitive meds for 4 years because of UTI’s. I finlly found out this year that because of being not being able to move the body for a month it caused the bladder to have a weak spot in it, making it sag. Many years later it just kept sagging and did not empty all the way when ever i would try. I went to a urolagest and found out there is really nothing they could do about it but to self cath in order to keep things empty. Since then I have not had an infection. Please go get it checked out, Hopefully it is only a UTI and you can get well on meds.
      Ruth
      Just ANOTHER wonderful resid from GBS….

• Anonymous
      March 22, 2007 at 2:28 pm

hi bunny, i have had bladder residuals since aug 05, not able to feel when i have to go, urgency and so forth. i don’t have uti problems luckily, but i do have kidney stones and usually can tell when they are causing problems due to the frequency of getting up at night. when there is a slight pain in the back at the kidneys it means i have to go, when that slight pain turns into a major pain it means kidney stones and i have to go more often. make sure you drink plenty of filtered water. take care.

• Anonymous
      March 22, 2007 at 8:25 pm

Hi

Just as a quick aside – I know what Mari means. I now make sure that I am warm in bed. I used to wonder why I kept waking up – it was simply that I was cold but didn’t realise it.

Mind you, I prefer to wake up when I need to go to the loo ……

God bless

• Anonymous
      March 22, 2007 at 10:17 pm

Hi —

I increased my magnesium recently for heart issues and as a side benefit I sleep better — no more waking up at 2 or 3am.

Something to consider — but you have to make sure that you don’t have an infection, kidney issues, or Myasthenia gravis if you take extra magnesium.

Best wishes…
      Jann

• June 10, 2007 at 7:57 pm

“not able to feel when i have to go, urgency and so forth”

Since I had GBS I have to go by the clock becouse I have little and somtimes no feeling when I have to go. I was hoping this would change since Im still on recovery road 🙂 I have not told any doc that I have still this problem since I started to walk on my own and did not have to ask for help. But when I was in the wheelchair I was on 4 hour watch to go. over the night I found that some urine had leak from me and it still do so I use sanitary napkin over nights

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
      Helga

• Anonymous
      June 11, 2007 at 2:06 pm

Definitely worth getting screened for a UTI. You really don’t want to let that go.

I have the same problem, but honestly I attribute it to childbirth and age….(i’m 44).