Fraudulent Pay Pal Warning

• Anonymous
      June 9, 2006 at 5:25 pm

Dear Friends,

Today I received an email from Paypal to say that a third party had been trying to access my account. I called my hubby over to have a look at the email because it really looked legit to me, warnings and everything. He said it looked legit. However I didnt take a chance, and signed in via the internet on my own, not opening the link provided. I then sent the email to Paypal (they had an address on the site as to where you should forward the email to) as a precaution. I got a reply a little later to say this was definitely not an email that had been sent by them, and that they would be investigating the matter. Oh, I know they have tons of these to investigate, and I know that some of you have had the same problem. Just wanted to post a warning as I know so many of you have paypal accounts. This email was even in the same format as what the paypal homepage is in, it even had a message about fraudulent emails in the corner. Just a closer look at the email address and it had a 1 added in somewhere.

• Anonymous
      June 9, 2006 at 9:50 pm

Ali,

I get those all the time also. If you view the link properties in the emails you will see they don’t point to Paypal but usually to an ip address.

Basically if I ever get an email from Paypal I go to their website and log into my account directly , any messages or issues will be there.

Great advice though Ali 🙂

Jer

• Anonymous
      June 10, 2006 at 9:02 am

i have my pc set to notify me before any cookie can be set. i noticed that paypal tires to set double click, a bad one, & another i am not familiar with [forgot its name]. take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength

• Anonymous
      June 10, 2006 at 11:49 am

Also beware of e-mails from eBay if you have an account with them. I keep getting them frequently but never follow the link to log in. What these people do is to post a fake offer for a pricey item for sale using your account, have a large check as payment sent to their address and disappear once they cash the check.

• Anonymous
      June 11, 2006 at 8:11 pm

for the last 2 weeks i have started to get emails from many different folks who claim to be email postmasters for different sites saying my mail did not reach the person i was sending mail to & open their email for info. since i only get back 2 real nondeliverable emails per year, i have blocked them all. amazing how many people have no life. take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength

• Anonymous
      June 12, 2006 at 10:58 pm

When you get those e-mails that you suspect are bogus you can send them to either [email]spoof@ebay.com[/email] or [email]spoof@paypal.com[/email] and they can tell you. If it is fake, which most are, they report the scum and take steps to get them shut down.