Foot pain etc

• Anonymous
      May 16, 2006 at 5:56 pm

Hi

I have just read on the UK Forum the following post:

“Below is an article about using Vicks VapoRub to relieve peripheral neuropathy of the feet. I have started using Vicks VapoRub Greaseless Cream on my feet and around the ankles. It may be my imagination, but I believe I have noticed an improvement during the short time I have been using it. Has anyone else tried using it?”

[url]http://www.reporter-times.com/?module….at=html[/url]

I know many have spoken in the past about feet problems and I reckon it is worth a read. If Vicks doesn’t do any good, it won’t do much harm.

• Anonymous
      May 16, 2006 at 6:47 pm

Hi,
      That’s an interesting article, and vicks probably wouldn’t do any harm if you wanted to try it.

I wish there was something to relieve numbness/tingling and prickling. I think that is something I’ll always have. But you learn to live with it and it becomes part of your “normal”.

• Anonymous
      May 16, 2006 at 8:41 pm

Oh my goodness ! Vicks was my husbands “cureall ” . I will get on with reading the article, and surely will give it a try. It surely will not hurt anything. I have also read in a Dr’s column in the paper that rubbing castor oil on arthritic areas helps releive pain for some folk. He has no idea why, but again, it surely can’t hurt.
      Mary Ann

• Anonymous
      May 16, 2006 at 10:27 pm

I read about his in Sunday’s paper under Dr. Gott’s column, so I bought some yesterday. I have only used it one night, but will continue to use it & let you know if it works at all. The man was able to get off of neurontin, what a dream that would be. Now that I have gotten more feeling back in my feet, they bother me more. I think it was actually better when they were numb!
      Pam

• Anonymous
      May 18, 2006 at 7:53 am

I will give it a try too …..I have been having a big prob on my left foot …ancle area , I had made special soles but doesn’t seem to do anything .
      Thanks Teresa 🙂

• Anonymous
      June 24, 2006 at 9:02 am

After reading Dr. Gott’s column a few weeks ago I decided to try Vicks on my right hand which had failed to recovered from carpal tunnel surgery. The very first night I detected a definitive change in the pain level and after two nights the pain had gone completely. Two more weeks and the numbness had almost gone. I again have feeling in my hand and total flexibility.

I contacted my surgeon and he encouraged me to continue using it although he had not previously heard of it . Incidentally, after applying the Vicks I covered it with a soft cotton gardener’s glove. I only used it at night and am very pleased with the results.

As a newspaper columnist I could barely stand to touch the keys of my keyboard and now I have resumed my activities without pain or bother.