Flying-Does the pressure affect anyone?

• Anonymous
      October 24, 2010 at 11:41 pm

It was after I flew that my symptoms began….I was eventually diagnosed with CIDP. I’m a little gun shy of flying. Anyone else had any problems with flying?

• Anonymous
      October 25, 2010 at 1:34 am

No problems at al when flying. I do great and been on several overseas trips in the last 2 years (dx’d almost 10 years).

• Anonymous
      October 25, 2010 at 9:00 am

Yes, so bad that I can’t fly anymore. And my symptoms first showed up during and immediately after flying, which I used to do quite a bit for work.

• Anonymous
      October 26, 2010 at 8:52 pm

LadyG, I had the same thing happen to me. My symptoms started during a flight and continued after the flight and continued to get worse. And interestingly, I had an unopened bag of doritoes, in a bag, by my feet. It looked like it was about to blow up. I wonder if some cabin pressures are different from others.

• Anonymous
      October 27, 2010 at 12:11 am

jeanbell,

>I wonder if some cabin pressures are different from others.

I don’t know on that. I did talk to a pilot once who told me some people do have a lot of difficulty with the cabin pressure. My doctors always acted like I was crazy when I told them how bad flying effected me. I would report it anyway, since they couldn’t figure out what was wrong and I thought it might provide useful information to someone.

I think if I tried to fly now, it would be so bad that the flight crew would probably panic and insist on landing the plane immediately so I could get medical attention. I try real hard to avoid scenes like that! 😉

Sorry you have the same difficulty. On the other hand, nice to know I am not the only one with this strange symptom.