flack seed oil and cottage cheese

• Anonymous
      October 25, 2006 at 9:55 am

Hello from sunny South America,
      Has anyone tried flack seed oil and cottage cheese to boost the immune system??

I have a friend that called me after hearing of my GBS and he recommended trying the combination. 2 times a day.

I asked my doctor about it and he said it would not hurt to try it as it is all natural and does stimulate the immune system.

Unfortunatly where I live I can not get cottage cheese but can get cream cheese and it is surposed to do the same thing.

Any thoughts, on the matter would be great.
      Jersey Jim:D

• Anonymous
      October 25, 2006 at 10:10 am

hi jj,

many things claim & some things probably do help different problems to some degree. the main nerve healer is rest & time. as to your immune system, it is not strong nor weak & gbs did not effect it. it has some errors in its makeup. but as your doc said, flack oil & cheese can’t hurt. take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength

• Anonymous
      October 31, 2006 at 11:13 am

I take auto immune suppressants…meaning boosting the immune system is off limits, given the fact that the auto immune system is confused, powerful, and is away my nerves.

I took a natural remedy from a health food store which promised to boost my immune system before I was dignosed. Well, it did the trick, but also landed me in the hospital for a week.

Make sure you are know for sure if you are suppose to boost your immue system; that doesn’t sound right to me.

Also, you will get a lot of advice from different loved ones…You would’t belive some of the stuff people have encourged me to do or take (no sugar, vegetarian diet, etc. etc.)

Good luck!
      Julie

• Anonymous
      October 31, 2006 at 11:24 am

I totally agree with Julie. I don’t think fax seed and cottage cheese are immune boosters though. Please watch what supplements that you take. The only thing that will heal you is time not supplements. Watch how much cream cheese you eat, it can cause weight gain if eaten in large amounts.

• Anonymous
      November 24, 2006 at 9:37 am

Cream cheese-I ate too much of that yesterday at thanksgiving 😀

• Anonymous
      December 11, 2006 at 7:42 pm

Dear Jersey Jim:

GBS is about the best immune system boost you can get. That doesn’t mean it’s a good thing. If you have psoriasis, exema, arthritis, CIDP, Lupus, Crohn’s disease or any other auto-immune disorder than the last thing you would ever want to do is boost your immune system. So if flax seed oil and cottage cheese does boost your immune system, then you shouldn’t take it. If it doesn’t boost your immune system then you shouldn’t take it because there may be unintentional consequences.

Lee

• Anonymous
      December 11, 2006 at 8:50 pm

I agree with Lee, the last thing you want is an increased immune response. I would always talk to my Neuro before doing anything like that.