Finger Nails

• Anonymous
      October 4, 2007 at 12:08 am

I’m almost 1 year from onset and a few months ago I was listing my meds on here and someone asked me about my fingernails , I replied I had never had them because I have always been a biter. I now am noticing that my nails are growing and I don’t bite them anymore! This is really strange . I’m wondering now why the question and what relation it has/had.
      It was kinda strange eating in the resturant tonight and thinking about it being the first one we went to when I got out of in-patient rehab back in December. I could barely walk or use a utensile and now , oh my………
      HANG IN THERE EVERYONE
      Tim:)

• October 4, 2007 at 8:30 pm

Hi Tim,
      Wow, I am glad you are improving since your anniversary. It was Kevins 1 year anniv. Sept 28th., he too has improved. Can’t comment on the fingernails, but I am glad you are recovering! Keep up the hard work and determination!
      Dawn Kevies mom

• Anonymous
      October 4, 2007 at 11:52 pm

Hey! If it’s any consolation, my fingernails also are much thicker and grow much faster since my GBS. No idea why – maybe my metabolism has gone way up due to all the illness and recovery?

• Anonymous
      October 5, 2007 at 8:43 pm

I remember that the first time I had GBS back in 86 my fingernails were unbelievable. THey grew so fast and so long that people would stop me in department stores admiring them and thinking they were fake. They were so durable, I felt like I could hammer with them. This time it did not happen. I determine how much protein I am absorbing by my nails. My nails are good but not like they were twenty years ago when I had my first bout with GBS. I also got pemphigus – my skin got so fine that it would tear if I just brushed past something. It was either really think or really thin. That passed after a few months.

GBS – Spring 86
      GBS Fall 2006