Finally a dx and treatment plan

• Anonymous
      September 27, 2007 at 11:47 am

After flipping around to different Neuro in various towns, think I have found a good one. I gave in and had a sural nerve biopsy (which has had a 5 week infection–ouch) and it confirmed I have CIDP as well as alot of axonal damage (that is not the words she used, but explanation she gave leads to the word axonal used on this forum). So in mid Oct. I am having a 5 day IVIG, followed with a monthy IVIG and stay on drugs Lyrica and Cymbalta. Prio to this it has been hit and miss with various meds and length between IVIG’s. So I am hopeful this will work. I have to get out of my power chair and back on the 4 wheel walker and try walking once again. Both feet have drop foot, so have to put on all the plastic AFO’s.
      Sorry I have been grabby on here in past post, I apologize, cause I know we have to all help one another when we can. Thanks for listening, Regina

• Anonymous
      September 27, 2007 at 1:10 pm

Regina,
      I’m sorry to hear about the post-biopsy infection, but I’m glad that you have a dx! I wish you the best results from the IVIG — it worked great for me.

Take care,
      Caryn

• Anonymous
      September 27, 2007 at 6:22 pm

Regina,
      Hopefully the IVig will do the trick and give you a little more mobility. Sorry to hear about the infection. I didn’t get an infection but it took a very long time for the wound to heal.

Jim C