Fibromas on legs

• Anonymous
      July 13, 2006 at 7:31 pm

I had my last IVIG treatment in Feb. Since that time, I have developed what my dermo calls fibromas on my legs. It started off with one small, round, reddish colored spot on one calf. Next, I got one on my foot. Then, my other calf, and now my thigh. Lovely!

Have any of you experienced this?

Thanks!
      Amy

• Anonymous
      July 13, 2006 at 8:29 pm

I now have a set of five of these on one ankle/leg that my doc says are from bruises/bleeding every time I slightly bump that leg when I stagger or stumble because of bad balance and weakness. Doc thinks it’s from a combination of the neuropathy and taking prednisone for 24 months, IV decadron every 2 weeks to prevent side effects of IVIg, and cellcept for 2 1/2 months. I often look down and see bleeding on that leg that I was completely unaware of for minutes, even hours, because I didn’t feel the injury. Not pretty and a potential cause of infection because of immunosuppresant drugs. When doc observed one of these bruises bleeding in her office (which I was unaware of until she pointed it out!) and the older red marks, she gave me a tetnus shot.

Just another of the fun effects of CIDP!

• Anonymous
      July 14, 2006 at 8:30 pm

well, i thought i was the only one and it was just a sign of getting old or something. i hate ’em. i’ve developed quite a collection over the past eight years. not even sure how many there are now, at least 10 I think.

• Anonymous
      July 16, 2006 at 4:24 pm

Wow…I hate that you both have them, but I suspected that I wasn’t alone:)

My dermo gave me a topical steroid called Clobex to treat them. However, mine have not responded so I have to have them cut out. I thought that the top could just be scraped off, but apparently, they run much deeper and will return if you don’t get it all out. My poor legs…looks like I will have yet another battle wound!:)

Thanks for your responses. ~Amy