Fever is back

• Anonymous
      August 15, 2007 at 12:38 pm

I guess my knock on wood did not work.

Dell was fever free for about 2-1/2 months but just in the last 3 weeks, he’s had fever two times. Last night it was low, only about 100.7. Today he seems fine. Last time, he only had it for 2 days and it came in the evening only.

I’m not taking him to the dr. to test the port. He’s acting fine, running around and eating well. I pray it’s not the CIDP rearing it’s ugly head but I think it is.

I called the neuro. since we were supposed to start solumedrol today. (He does home health solumedrol each week) He said to continue the solumedrol and if the fevers continued to come, he would probably give him more solumedrol on a longer basis, I think just a one shot thing. He also talked about an immune suppresant drug but I don’t want to do that. I think the steroid is bad enough.

Hope this email finds all my friends feeling fine.

Love, Lori

• Anonymous
      August 15, 2007 at 12:53 pm

Lori, I’m sorry to hear about Dell. I’m praying the monster will sleep forever and not show its mug again. Big Hugs!!!

• Anonymous
      August 15, 2007 at 1:06 pm

Awww man! What a bummer! Poor Dell. Has he been really active lately? I find my fever goes up when I do more and push myself and it can stay up for awhile. Three loads of laundry this morning and it’s 101.6 right now. Ugh. Is he having other autonomic symptoms?

• Anonymous
      August 15, 2007 at 2:00 pm

Lori,

He was doing so well! I was holding my breath. Let us know when the fevers go so that we can once again celebrate!

• Anonymous
      August 15, 2007 at 11:51 pm

Lori,
      I’ll will keep your and Dell in my prayers. Hopefully this is nothing serious

• Anonymous
      August 16, 2007 at 4:15 am

[QUOTE=Julie]Awww man! What a bummer! Poor Dell. Has he been really active lately? I find my fever goes up when I do more and push myself and it can stay up for awhile. Three loads of laundry this morning and it’s 101.6 right now. Ugh. Is he having other autonomic symptoms?[/QUOTE]

Julie,
      You mentioned that you feel feverish when you overdo things. I felt that way last night after doing more chores around the house than usual – I was trying to catch up on stuff thats been neglected for ages! It felt like there was some inflammation happening somewhere.
      Lori,
      I hope Dell improves really soon!

Best wishes,
      Kazza – CIDP

• Anonymous
      August 16, 2007 at 4:49 am

Lori I hope Dells fever goes away.

Sue

• Anonymous
      August 16, 2007 at 11:39 am

Thanks for all of your prayers. It really helps.

For some weird reason, Dell has not had anymore fever. This morning, he kinda felt warm but it never materialized.

Love, Lori

• Anonymous
      August 18, 2007 at 10:55 am

Lori –

I’m sorry. I hope that the dr figures out what is causing these fevers soon & you find a way to permanently get rid of them.

I agree that you shouldn’t take him for a blood culture. Like I told you before, you will know if he has an infection. He’ll be really sick.

Take care and our phone number will be changing soon. I’ll email you with the new one.

Kelly