Female issues

• Anonymous
      October 15, 2008 at 5:29 pm

I went to see my GYN for my 6 months checkup. I get a colposcope done. Last year around this time I had an inflamed cervices so he froze me and it went away. In the spring it was ok. Well I went to today and he told me I had erosion of the cervices and inflammation of the cervices. He also did a pap test so I will see how that turns out.
      Like I don’t have enough problems. Maybe that is why I had to go for a second MRI last week. I had an MRI of my lower back about 1 month ago. I had back problems since 2004. Well I got a call 2 weeks ago saying the Technician want to redo the MRI but with the dye to make sure it was Degenerate Disk Disease.

Well 10 days later I was getting it. It took 6 weeks the first time to get in and I had to beg the DR to let me have it. Now this time only 10 days? They did different pictures this time but of my lower back and middle back. So I wonder what is causing the problem inside of my body is it something that is also showing on the MRI?

I don’t know. My gut feeling told me there is something with my lower back. I hope I get the result soon.

Sue

• Anonymous
      October 15, 2008 at 7:09 pm

Could be Degenerative Arthritis which I have but nothing they really do for that except medication. Slipped disk possible, herniated disk and two other issues Spinal Cord Tumor which is very rare but can be treated and Lumbar Spinal Stenosis. That can also cause CIDP issues but can be treated surgically! Rheumatoid arthritis! And some people with MS have spinal cord lessions. Lupus can get lessions! So many things! At least they are checking into the problem and seeing what it could be going on. You may have several bulged disk that might be going into the spinal cord.. Lumbar Spinal Stenosis and it is not showing up well on MRI with out the dye. And then it could be a normal MRI after the dye is injected.
      Keep us posted on what the results are! The female problem! Hmm! At least you are getting that checked out too! Don’t think it’s cancer in the spine but might be a small spine problem that needs treatment! Good luck on the testing!

• Anonymous
      October 15, 2008 at 7:15 pm

Thanks Linda. I had a CT scan a few years ago and it showed DDD and no spinal stenosis.
      I sometimes wonder if I have Psoriatic Arthritis as I have some of the signs. Like tendinitis that just won’t go away. It’s just with my CIDP and the bullying at work and depression and other health issues I am battling I don’t want anymore problems.

Thanks

Sue

• Anonymous
      October 15, 2008 at 7:32 pm

Hi Sue! Could be arthritis going on! If it’s spinal stenosis that might be your cause of CIDP but not sure if your were diagnosed with something else causing the CIDP. CT Scan won’t really show Spinal Stenosis. Some MRI’s will show it and sometimes it won’t needing a CT Mylegram. That can cause back pain too! Herniated disk can cause back pain. They have so many things today that can treat the spine. I would not really worry to much right now until those test come back. Sometimes an MRI might show something and then when dye is injected and the MRI is done they see it was something normal!
      Just keep us posted though! I had Spinal Stenosis and had surgery on 3 disk! 24 hours I was back at home. No longer have back pain and no longer have sciatic nerve pain. They had me up and walking 4 hours after the surgery. I did pretty good! You might be okay but they just want to make sure it’s nothing bad going on! Hugs