Feet Tingling

• Anonymous
      August 17, 2006 at 7:17 am

Hi,

I had GBS in Dec. of 2004 and I’m still hoping for my feet to be normal again. Has anyone had their feet stop tingling after this long? Also is this tingling considered neuropathy? Will this tingling cause further problems with my feet in the future?

Thanks
      Caroline

• Anonymous
      August 17, 2006 at 7:54 am

I still have tingling after almost 6 years. However, there are now times when I don’t have it and it is decreasing with time.

• Anonymous
      August 17, 2006 at 10:58 am

caroline,

it is neuropathy. it will not cause further probs. take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength

• Anonymous
      August 17, 2006 at 1:40 pm

Hello Caroline,
      I still get numbness, tingling and prickling in hands and feet, since onset of my GBS/CIDP in 1998. As Gene said, it is part of a neuropathy. I don’t know if mine will ever go away, but it becomes part of “your new normal” and you learn to live with it.

• Anonymous
      August 17, 2006 at 5:32 pm

My legs stopped tingling about four years after onset (December 1998) with only occasional flareups. Toes on the left leg straightened out fairly recently and I think toes on right leg are finally starting to do the same thing. There are very few “givens” with GBS.

Regards,
      Marge

• Anonymous
      August 17, 2006 at 10:53 pm

Caroline, GBS hit me May 2005. I still have tingling in feet, legs and shaking and weaknes in hands and arms. Still can’t walk without assustance. We have to focus on improving every little bit on the way of recovery. Hang in there.

Peg

• Anonymous
      August 21, 2006 at 10:38 am

i am 9 years post gbs onset and still have the leg/ foot tingling, numbness problems daily…some days worse than others, as most have said already…..if it over do it, it is much worse…..lately if i overdo, the toes on my left foot go totally numb…..very much an aggravation, but…..that’s how it goes, i’ve found??!! take care..much love, becky in wv…..

• Anonymous
      August 23, 2006 at 6:37 pm

Caroline…

I’ve had GBS for 3 years now, and even though I’ve had a great deal of nerve regeneration (re-growth) in my legs and feet, I still have the numbness and tingling daily in my feet. Some days are better than others. But the miracle of it is that I have graduated from the wheelchair, to a walker, to a cane, to nothing at all! It just takes an incredible amount of patience to get better. I don’t know if it (the tingling, etc.) will ever go away completely, but hopefully it will get to a manageable level so you can function. I know when I overdo it, I pay for it dearly. So stay as rested as possible, stay optimistic, and learn to accommodate the GBS in your life.

Good luck and be well,

Kathie in Las Vegas 🙂

• Anonymous
      August 23, 2006 at 9:34 pm

I am also 3 years post and have pretty much followed the same progression as kathie. I have noticed when i am tired my left foot starts turning in again so i have to be careful on top of the tingling and stuff. My worst problem, like everyone else is fatigue. But I am not complaining. Just keep plugging away.

Stormy

• Anonymous
      August 28, 2006 at 12:11 am

Hi Caroline,

I am post GBS since 2000. I still have tingling and pain every day.

There are bad days and good days. Each person reacts differently and has different types of pain. We kind of just learn to deal with it the best we can.

Right now I am in a flair up and parts of my feet are completely numb, and for the first time, I am having problems with my left side. (hand, arm, thigh, shoulder). At these times I would rather just have the tingling in my feet. I get scared that I will lose my feet. I make sure to exercise them every day to make sure the blood flows nice and fast in my legs and feet.

Each day is a possibility of improvement. When I have a bad day, I just remember how it was in the hospital just after I got GBS. Then I feel that I have REALLY improved and am very thankful for that.

Good luck and I hope many days of less tingle for us all.

• Anonymous
      August 29, 2006 at 6:39 pm

November will be 2 years for me. My feet still tingle constantly…though I don’t have the excruciating pain I had at first if I stepped anything in bare feet.

• Anonymous
      August 30, 2006 at 2:20 pm

I still have the tinglin in my foot and leg after 22 years. You learn to live with it.

All the best, Vic.

• Anonymous
      August 30, 2006 at 4:54 pm

I will join most of the others in their take on the tingling- 2 1/2 years –still in wheelchair but moving well in a walker and soon loft strands — my feet as well as hands have real off/on days -never any pain but some times they feel as they are covered with clay -and after stiff exercise they “buzz” some — and slightly numb — have been fortunate in avoiding the pins/needle feel–Every day it seems that GBS can manifest itself in different ways !

Keep pushing on

Robert L

• September 2, 2006 at 5:42 pm

Numbness and pins and needles plus burning sensations in my hands and feet are very annoying and pretty constant with me. Also my left foot swells up a lot by the end of the day. Because your extremities are affected the most by GBS I suppose this is pretty normal. Like everybody else I would love to have these sensations go away. Hopefully with enough time they will. Judging from various comments on this forum it takes some people a lot longer than others to recover. We all hope for the best.

• Anonymous
      September 3, 2006 at 12:02 am

Hi,

Thanks everyone for the encouraging words. My friends will ask me now and then how are my feet and I say still tingling but I can walk. I don’t have any ankle reflexes and my doctor was impressed that I dont trip or fall. Those who don’t know think I’m normal. I’m not 100% but I’m making it.

Blessings
      Caroline