Feeling Good

• Anonymous
      January 22, 2010 at 2:53 pm

Hey all, The last time I posted I could hardly walk. Thanks to Dr Teener @ The University of Michigan, I feel almost normal. I had a load dose of IVIG on Halloween weekend, And have had 100 gm every two weeks since. I also take 15 mg of prednisone a day, down from 20. I quit taking the pain meds and I feel great during the day. At night my feet burn a little but that to is getting better. Just a few months ago i couldnt get out of bed on my own. I sure hope things stay this way. I fear relapse. I’ll continue to stay positive, eat well and PRAY. The Nerologist I had before Dr Teener only wanted to cover things up with pain drugs. I saw that hack for six months without a diagnosis , One apt @ U of M And I Had a diagnosis and a plan of action. My apt was on October 26, on the 31st i started my load dose of IVIG. Second oppinions could have saved my life. God Bless! Your all in my prayers….Kyle

• Anonymous
      January 22, 2010 at 3:08 pm

Glad things are going good for ya. I also had Teener.. Good guy he is.

• January 22, 2010 at 10:52 pm

Kyle,
      That is awesome news, I am so happy for you!
      Dawn Kevies mom

• Anonymous
      January 23, 2010 at 11:13 am

Great to hear you are recovering, and received the proper treatments…. I’m glad that you are so thankful for how far you have come.. Keep on gettin better.. Deanop

• Anonymous
      January 24, 2010 at 11:29 am

Great news!!

• Anonymous
      January 25, 2010 at 11:26 am

I also had Dr. Teener when I first became ill back in 2002. He was in Duluth, MN then & I only saw him after I had first been dx with GBS by another Neuro there. I had been given 5 PE treatments & they sent me home, thinking I had a mild case of GBS. I remember how kind & caring he was. I am so happy how well you are doing, & highly doubt that you will have any kind of a relapse as long as you keep getting IVIG. It sounds like you have relapsing/remitting CIDP, not progressive & that form responds very well to IVIG. CONGRATS on your improvement…

• January 26, 2010 at 4:40 am

Nothing could be finer than hearing your wonderful news!

• Anonymous
      January 27, 2010 at 11:22 pm

What a wonderful thing to read!!!!! I am so happy you are feeling so well! Relapse…..,,,,,,,,, You are doing to good to fear that! God willing, it will never come! Stay with your amazing doctor and keep up with your treatments. You are an insperation to all of us who keep hitting a wall!

• January 28, 2010 at 12:32 pm

WOOHOO! 😀 Thanks for the positive report. Hope is a priceless gift to share with others.

Gary