Fairly New GBS Patient

• Anonymous
      February 5, 2012 at 5:19 pm

I contacted GBS in Aug 2011, I am a 70 yr old male and I was in excellent physical condition, it knocked me off my feet. I am now going to the gym and walking. I recently caught a cold and the tingling in my feet has increased. Has anyone had this and did it bring on a relapse of GBS? I have a few residual things like tingling skin on my chest and stomach, my chiropractor says you need to be as active as possible in your recovery, aloha and good luck to everyone, by the way it scared the hell out of me, Kerry

• Anonymous
      February 5, 2012 at 6:59 pm

Hi Kerry:
      For the first few years after GBS a cold would make all my residuals worse. One neurologist told me just to get in bed for a week if I got a cold. Our bodies suffer terribly with GBS and so any thing like a cold can make the residuals worse for a while. Relapse is very unlikely. As for being active as possible, exercise is good but overdoing is very bad. Don’t push yourself but get the amount of exercise that feels good-your endurance will slowly increase. But overdoing can make the residuals worse as well. It scared the hell out of me too. Welcome to the forum. Jeff