extreme shoulder muscle pain and pleurisy

• Anonymous
      November 26, 2009 at 3:31 pm

that new illness is back. I dont think it is “CIDP” because usually the ability to wiggle my toes is the first and somtimes only thing to go when its the unkown neuropathy that I have. I am able to wiggle my toes right now.

It started with horrible pain in my wrists. the big bone in my right wrist is swollen and hurts to touch.

Then it went into my shoulder. I have been waking up with excrutiating throbing pain in my right shoulder. It seems to be muscle and bone.

then it went into my shoulder blade, my trapezious and then into my chest and lungs the pain was sharp and the doctor said it was just pleurisy and to get some rest. but I can message the pain.

Now it has spread into my other shoulder and finally into my inner thigh as of today.

My muscles feel fatigued by the slightest movement and my heart seems to pound at the slightest efforts also. I am getting weaker every day progressively. my rheumatology is negative.

I tried taking muscle relaxers and now my whole body is cramping everywhere.

I am totally stumped.

I dont know what to do as my appointments with the rheumy and neuro in socal are still a few weeks off and this seems to be happening quik. just two weeks.

I can no longer keep house and I have been missing work or leaving early.

I am sitting here staring at my bottle of prednisone wondering if I should start back up again but I am scared to suppress my immune system as I am a preschool teacher. I need a strong immune system working with those little guys but at current rate of decline I wont be able to work much longer anyways. I hope this subsides.

its funny if the 20 year old me woke up in my body today i would call 911 but I am such a boiled frog that it would take quit a bad spell to have me running to the ER these days

• Anonymous
      November 27, 2009 at 7:57 am

This may sound weird, but have you had your thyroid checked? It can really mess you up and cause all kinds of symptoms. It is a simple blood test to find out. Just a thought.
      Good luck,
      Sue

• November 27, 2009 at 10:41 am

Hi Tara,
      I am hoping and praying that you will feel better and better and that by Christmas your diagnosis will be complete. This limbo you are living in right now is not pleasant to say the least.

• Anonymous
      November 27, 2009 at 1:36 pm

Whatever you are experiencing is affecting your heart. You need to seek medical help ASAP!

Maybe call the dr in So Cal & explain your new symptoms. Let them know you are very worried about it. Maybe they can get you in sooner.

This is not something you should wait around to see what happens next with.

Kelly