Extra, Extra, Read All About it! Elvis Gets Drug Approval!

• Anonymous
      February 23, 2007 at 12:30 pm

I promised some peeps I would let em know how the fight for Rituxan ends.
      I got a call from the doctor this morning. My insurance has agreed to pay for the off label drug Rituxan as a treatment for CIDP. I start my first treatment Monday, Feb. 26 2007.

First I would Like to thank the good Lord for his mercy.

Many thanks go out to gbsfi, and the people I met on this forum, who helped me connect with the doctors here in Music City, which made all of this possible.

Peace and Strength to ya.

Kevin

• Anonymous
      February 23, 2007 at 1:30 pm

Kevin! That is WONDERFUL news!!!!! I remember speaking to you about it last summer. PLEASE let us know how it goes, I would like to know if it is as successful for you as has been for Eric and others. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Anonymous
      February 23, 2007 at 2:30 pm

Hello Kevin,
      I’ll give you a new name SOVIS (SOapy/elVIS). It’s really good to see you back here. Drop into the TAVERN again, you missed some of my new songs.

If I’m remembering correctly, DOCDAVID is on rituxan and I am friends with another member who does well with rituxan.

• Anonymous
      February 23, 2007 at 5:43 pm

Great news Kevin finally. Keep us posted ๐Ÿ™‚

Sue

• Anonymous
      February 23, 2007 at 9:00 pm

Here is a message from Elvis. He doesn’t have privilidge on this forum right now so he wanted somebody to post this.

Whew,
      what a day for high and lows. The doctor just called, seems they where told on the phone that the pay for Rituxan had been approved. When the paperwork was faxed to the office it was denied. Now they can start the appeal process.
      thats ok, I still got my guitar.
      Natural Blues

By the way, when I tried to post the above on the U.S forum it appears I no longer have posting privilages on there. I hadn’t posted there in months, and I made a post there this morning about being approved, for 2 reasons.
      1. I had been asked by some there to keep them informed and they don’t read this forum.
      2. Give others hope.

I would appericate it if someone who still has that privilage, copy and paste the above on the US forum

Thank you very much.

peace

Kevin

• Anonymous
      February 23, 2007 at 10:46 pm

Kevin, sooo glad to see you here again!!! MISS YA MAN!!!!! that is great news! hope you are doing ok! BIG HUGS!!!:)

• Anonymous
      February 24, 2007 at 12:14 am

I don’t understand why Kevin can’t get in here, he did this morning. Maybe he can contact the GBS Foundation to see why he doesn’t have any priviledged here today.

• Anonymous
      February 24, 2007 at 12:34 am

I finally settled down, got my thoughts together, and found the problem.
      If your interested in my thought process, go here..

[url]http://www.gbs.org.uk/cgi-bin/ikonboard3/ikonboard.cgi?s=45df93074519ffff&act=ST&f=2&t=228&st=0[/url]

Had to do with updating gbsfi with a new email address.

somedaze just ain’t so easy.

[url]http://youtube.com/watch?v=iH6g4Xb3N78[/url]

peace

kevin

• Anonymous
      February 24, 2007 at 12:46 am

Thanks to all for the support.
      I’ll be working on round 2 with the insurance.

Pay me my money down

[url]http://youtube.com/watch?v=uTF2ZkqCa4M[/url]

peace

• Anonymous
      February 24, 2007 at 9:44 pm

Welcome back Kevin. Sue e-mailed me last night and said you were having problems getting back in here. Glad you made it back.

Hope the insurance company relents and lets you get your IVIG.

• Anonymous
      February 25, 2007 at 12:19 am

Thanks Brandy,
      We settled the fight over IVIG years ago.. I’m trying to get approval for the Rituxan. The Doctor called yesterday in the am, and said it had been approved. and they set the infusion date for monday. About 7pm he called back and said when the paperwork was faxed back and forth it was denied. Monday was cancelled. I’m just about over the up/down / shock tonight. I wish they had waited until the paperwork was done… I wish I had kept my mouth shut, until I had it n my veins. It was ordered Sept 6th 2006, after a 3 month wait to see this doc… It was never expected to be approved the first try. Thats what had everyone so excited.. well me anyway.

peace

Kevin

• Anonymous
      February 25, 2007 at 12:53 pm

Hi Kevin,

Sorry I misunderstood about the IVIG VS Rituxan. So again I will wish you well and hope the damn insurance company does the right thing by you, letting you get the Rituxan. Did you get my private message? Just say yes or no please.

• Anonymous
      February 25, 2007 at 2:09 pm

I just got it, sorry,
      I didn’t realize I had turned pm’s back on, while updating my mail and such. I didn’t notice it, because I wasn’t expecting any. I didn’t mean to ignore ya. I sent a reply.
      Have a good week.

Kevin

• Anonymous
      February 25, 2007 at 6:34 pm

So disappointed for you now, Kev – but I know you’ll get’em and IT in the end! GOOD LUCK to-morrow!

• Anonymous
      February 25, 2007 at 7:57 pm

๐Ÿ™ , Let us know what happens Kev.

• Anonymous
      February 27, 2007 at 5:42 pm

By permission of the “protagonist”, here is the illustrated story of a failed suicide attempt:

[IMG]http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/4788/iluvuie1.jpg[/IMG]

Reason for failure: the helium ran out!;)

• Anonymous
      February 27, 2007 at 8:54 pm

Welcome back, Kevin. Hope you get your approval. I havn’t given up yet either. I have an appointment with my neuro scheduled right after we get back to the US next week. We will discuss Rituxan then.