ER third times the charm?

• Anonymous
      December 18, 2006 at 1:47 pm

today tingling on left side from head to toe

found out i was severely dehydrated the past two times and the first hospital didnt catch it

got iv prednisone in the ER saturday and now taking 40 mg prednisone a day + ambien cr for sleep but it didnt work and all night and now my left side is tingling
      new neuro’s office said hit the ER

had to send my baby away with his grandparents this morning because of all this – I ruined his bday and christmas

my wife is scared now – smh im hoping its cidp rather than a stroke but my face tingling is bad
      never had this much stress before either so maybe its setting off my cidp

• Anonymous
      December 18, 2006 at 4:45 pm

Hello,
      Stress CAN do alot. My numbness, tingling and prickling can reach a grit your teeth level when I am very stressed out, but I have learned that it is the stress. Don’t self-diagnose or presume, see your doctor whenever necessary.

• Anonymous
      December 18, 2006 at 5:12 pm

I’m learning to separate anxiety shimmers for neurological shimmers, too. I guess its no surprise that we’d be more susceptible to neuro symptoms from anxiety.

grawply, if you are feeling excessively anxious, ask your doc for antianxiety meds — they really really work. I started a couple of months ago and the improvement is pretty profound. I wish I had accepted this sooner.

• Anonymous
      December 19, 2006 at 11:15 pm

thanks Liz and Meadow

3rd was the charm 😀 – my new old neuro’s partner ordered an MRI for me – 1st ever – clean results. No MS and no clots. I was seeing stars and a bunch of weird crap. Might have been the Ambien though too maybe? The MRI tech was a blessing. I was freaking out before and last night too but they had music in the headphones, she crunk up the AC and she just actually cared. I actually faced down a fear. I havent ate much in the past week and Im severely dehydrated so that and stress= weirdness.
      Im on atavin now for anxiety which should help too. Im seeing a shrink on Friday and Im just gonna take it real easy. Back on prednisone for 2 weeks too so maybe that will help.

I definitely have to learn how to relax and not play my own doctor.