Emergency Phones, What’s A Good One For Me

• Anonymous
      February 11, 2009 at 11:37 pm

Hello,
      I’ve started to think that I should have some kind of an emergency phone to carry with me, but my problem is that my hands don’t work well enough for me to use a cell phone. I can’t hold one for a telephone conversation and I can’t push small buttons to make calls.
      I never felt I needed one before because I’m always with someone, but I go out alone on my jazzy power chair and if I got caught in a sudden rainstorm or my battery went dead, I should have some way to call for help.
      Are there any phones that can be used just to call emergency numbers? Does anyone know anything about a phone called the JITTERBUG? It looks like the model called “one touch” is used to make emergency calls.

• Anonymous
      February 12, 2009 at 8:46 am

I hope this helps Liz, here’s a link to their website & it shows the phone it has big buttons on it. Looks to be very simple to use, there’s also a one touch model. [url]http://www.jitterbug.com/Phones/[/url]

• Anonymous
      February 13, 2009 at 12:28 am

Liz,
      I looked at the Jitterbug site. They have a one touch model. It has three buttons; one for the operator, one for 911 and one for you to chose different options. It’s a little pricey, but it may work for you.