Elevated IgG

• Anonymous
      June 29, 2007 at 8:48 am

At long last, I FINALLY got my hands on my medical records and was able to view the lab results with my own eyes. I had been told that my spinal fluid was “negative” and that’s it.

In viewing the tests, though, I see that my levels of IgG both in blood and CSF were through the roof! This was also noted in the discharge summary, though no one ever mentioned it to me. Is this significant in terms of GBS, or are there other reasons that IgG could have been elevated?

I’ve tried doing a web search but have had trouble wading through all the jargon. If anyone here could give some insight, I’d greatly appreciate it! 🙂

• June 29, 2007 at 9:55 am

Hi Suzanne,

I know that elevated IgG levels are indicative of chronic infections, liver disease, and RA. I am sure others as well, this is what I remember. Try just searching “what are high IgG levels indicative of” I looked into that last year and there was tons of info.

I also read that low IgG levels are indicative of immune suppressed people. It is all so confusing. Don’t some people on the forum list IgG difficient on the bottom of their space? I don’t get how you can be immune suppressed if gbs/cidp are indicative of an over active immune system attacking the nerves? Maybe the IgG levels being low are due to a secondary immune issue, ie hepatitis, lupus etc. How will we ever be able to sort all of this stuff out?

Good luck, and I hope you are feeling well. Enjoy the weekend and the upcomming 4th of July holiday.

Dawn Kevies mom 😮

• Anonymous
      June 29, 2007 at 11:29 am

there seems to be dispute, if my quik browse is correct [see url below], whether there is link to csf protein & csf igg. check your records to see what the protein count in your csf was. over 55 is a strong gbs indicator.

igm are the immediate antibodies that fight an invader. i think igg are the longer term follow up antibodies. so low igm & igg are indicative of an immunosupressed system. gbsers do not have an over active immune system. we have a faulty immune system. so the 2 can be compatible, if it happens.

[url]http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=igg+csf+protein&btnG=Search[/url]

take care. be well.
      gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength