Effectiveness of Rituximab

• Anonymous
      May 15, 2007 at 10:45 pm

My neurologist has proposed using rituximab to fight my CIDP. Before I jump into it, I would like to know how long I can expect before relapse. I know that we are all different, but a range and average are the only good guidelines we have before starting a treatment.

A brief history would be useful, because things change with time.

Thanks for your input.
      MarkEns

• Anonymous
      May 16, 2007 at 12:39 pm

Yes, as you know, everyone is different. I take rituxan every 2 months. Since I began the rituxan, there have been a couple of occasions where I backslid, not so much relapsed. The backsliding, or getting worse was due to other infections like pneumonia, which drives your immune system into high gear. Not much you can do there, except call your neuro and have him order some emergency ivig to at least buffer the attack.

My cidp is severe distally, but since the rituxan, my proximal strength has been great. I wish you the very best, and hope Rituxan treats you as well as it has me.

• Anonymous
      May 17, 2007 at 12:00 am

check out the papers from Pestronk et. al. gives a good overview

also make sure you see the recent warning related to the virus reactivation.

Im currently weighing the risk reward…risk is pretty high in my opinion

interested in your thoughts??

• Anonymous
      February 15, 2008 at 10:53 am

Hi MarkEns and JohnC
      There has not been much activity lately on this thread. I guess most postings have been on the “CIDP – Rituxan treatment?” thread. I was wondering if you two could give an update of how things are going with the Rituxan treatments? Frequency of infusions, results?
      Maybe if you can switch to the CIDP – Rituxan treatment thread it would be helpful for others considering whether to take Rituxan or not. Also it would be interesting for those of us already taking Rituxan.
      I hope you two are doing well.
      With my regards
      Andrew

Effectiveness of Rituximab

• Anonymous
      May 15, 2007 at 10:37 pm

Trigger finger