Dr. visit/Namenda

• Anonymous
      September 4, 2009 at 7:00 pm

Went to my neuro yesterday and talked about being on Cymbalta 20 mg and that it is working pretty good except that I get sweating from it. I was on it before at 30 mg and had to stop because of such terrible sweating, I don’t have as much sweating on 20 mg. I read that Linda was on Namenda and that it was working well for her. I asked him if the Cymbalta quits working or I cannot stand the sweating anymore if he would consider the Namenda. He said that he has not had a lot of literature on it, but that he has heard about it for nerve pain and that he felt it would be alright to try. I am so relieved that he is willing to try it. The only side effect that was bad was an upset stomach.

Linda – How are you doing on it? I have not posted in awhile and was wondering if you are still doing good and if you had any side effects. I am so glad that my doctor is willing to try it. He is a very informed doctor who gets involved in a lot of issues with CIDP.

Will keep informed if I end up using the Namenda.
      Clare in Michigan

• Anonymous
      September 4, 2009 at 11:50 pm

Clare – good to hear from you again!!!! I’m still doing very good on the Namenda and recommend you try it. My pain is up a little at the end of a workday from the stress associated with my job, but I get through the weekends with very little pain and am doing and enjoying more. I’m still on other stuff at bedtime and if I have extra stress, then my pain rises again and I might need a hydrocodone. However, I’ve gone from 2 other daytime pain meds with the 2 -4 hydro each day for breakthough pain to only Namenda am/pm and an occasional hydro here and there (and my bedtime meds). I’m still sold on the stuff!!! Regina finally got a chance to try it, but it made her sleepy and didn’t seem to help much 🙁 (I’m so sorry Regina – I had hoped it would help you as it did me.) I seem to be almost the opposite, I’m much less sleepy than before I started taking it. The biggest side effect seems to be dry mouth … but I drink lots of water anyway. And, I don’t know if it’s wishful thinking since Namenda is approved for Alzheimers or if it’s being off the other daytime meds, but I feel much sharper mentally. 😮

Yes, please keep me posted!