Dr Perry Guest Speaker in MN

• Anonymous
      April 19, 2007 at 12:21 pm

I live in MN and got a letter in the mail about Dr Perry being a guest speaker on May 5th here for a local support group meeting. I am excited about it, so if anyone in MN didnt get that letter let me know and I can give you the details.

• Anonymous
      April 19, 2007 at 4:25 pm

I wish i lived in MN!:)

• Anonymous
      April 19, 2007 at 4:41 pm

parry is one of the best. wish i could be there too. take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength

• Anonymous
      April 20, 2007 at 1:45 am

Hi Doby48,

I would like more info about it.
      I live in the Twin Cities…

Thanks!
      Scott

• Anonymous
      April 20, 2007 at 10:16 am

In the past 5 years, there have been numerous meetings of this group in the Twin Cities. I was really planning on making this one, but since my husband just got out of the hospital on Monday after an appendectomy (with complications, of course), it will be close. They gave him a 6 week recovery, can’t drive for 2 weeks. Thank goodness he retired two months ago. But I would love to see Dr. Parry again, as he is my neuro but I haven’t seen him since August of 2005; I really haven’t needed to fortunately…

• Anonymous
      April 20, 2007 at 1:34 pm

Scott,
      I’ll PM the info over to you.

Pam,
      If there have been numerous meetings I must not be getting all the mailings. I have only been only the mailing list for about 8 months now and this is the first one I have heard anything about.

EDIT: I just noticed on the second page it says something about a guy who left his hat at the April 2006 meeting so I am guessing this is just an annual event.

• Anonymous
      April 20, 2007 at 1:34 pm

Doby48: I live in Woodbury, MN and would be very intereted in finding out where Dr. Perry is going to talk. Also, I did not realize there were support groups I could go to. I was diagnosed 8/2006. I would like to get together with other GBSers and talk. Thank you. 🙂

• Anonymous
      April 20, 2007 at 1:44 pm

Marsha,
      I will PM you the info as well. If you go to the main page [url]http://gbs-cidp.org/[/url] and click on the bottom left corner to register, then you should get the newsletter and mailings as well.

• Anonymous
      April 20, 2007 at 2:33 pm

I decided to put up a quick web page with the info and scanned the original email that went out. You can go to [url]http://gbsfi.atspace.com/[/url] for the info on this group.

• Anonymous
      April 28, 2007 at 11:03 am

Hey guys,
      Where have you been all this time?! I have belonged to the
      Twin Cities group since 1996.
      We meet only twice a year, Spring and Fall. Dr. Parry comes and
      answers a million questions and gives a wealth of information once a
      year. WE are blessed to have him. He is the BEST!!
      Looking forward to seeing others from Minnesota!!!
      If you have questions that I can help you with regarding the meeting,
      ask me.
      [email]maureenboz@comcast.net[/email]
      Blessings
      Maureen Boz

• Anonymous
      April 28, 2007 at 2:49 pm

[QUOTE=Maureenboz]Hey guys,
      Where have you been all this time?! I have belonged to the
      Twin Cities group since 1996.
      We meet only twice a year, Spring and Fall. Dr. Parry comes and
      answers a million questions and gives a wealth of information once a
      year. WE are blessed to have him. He is the BEST!!
      Looking forward to seeing others from Minnesota!!!
      If you have questions that I can help you with regarding the meeting,
      ask me.
      [email]maureenboz@comcast.net[/email]
      Blessings
      Maureen Boz[/QUOTE]

When I got this letter, I thought that maybe not everyone who was on this forum was actually registered through GBSFI and received the letter. This is the reason I posted on here and I’m glad I did. I didnt realize at first there was a seperate regsitration either so I am guessing that is the case for some of the other members.

I am looking forward to going as well and seeing all the GBS’ers in MN. My mom is comming with me as well as she has been great trying to understand what I am going through. I am so excited to go to a support group, weird huh? 😀

• Anonymous
      April 29, 2007 at 1:36 pm

I would love to go to this, but unfortunately, it is out of reach for us. Technologically, it could be made available for a larger audience through podcasting. Perhaps it could be possible to members of gbsfi with a small pre-registration fee to off-set the bandwith costs for those of us that cannot attend (for whatever reasons). Registrants could pose questions in advance for Dr. Perry, providing added benefit to the larger community.

Is anyone interested in asking if Dr. Perry would consent to recording these informational meetings for the purpose of podcasting them? Ideas, anyone?

cd