Does Anyone Have????

• Anonymous
      February 20, 2008 at 12:19 pm

Does Anyone With Gbs Or Cidp, Have An Ear Problem Where The Ear Feels As Though It Were Clogged Or Has Water In It Or The Feeling You Get When Coming Down From A High Altitude Where You Need To Swallow. Its The Same Feeling When Your Head Is Stopped From A Bad Cold Only This Is Just One Ear, (left).
      Another “feature Of This Is When Riding In A Car, The Wind Or Road Noise Pulsates.

I’ve Been To An Ear Doctor, Had An Mri, And Asked The Neurologist About It. All Results Are Either Negative Or “no, That Is Not A Symptom Of Gbs Or Cidp”.

Where Do I Go From Here?
      The Numbness Is Vvvveeeerrryyy Sssslllloooowwww To Go Away!!!!

• Anonymous
      February 29, 2008 at 10:42 am

It may not be a symptom but it may be a temporary residual! I, personally, am very tired of hearing it can’t be this or that 🙁 We just don’t know “for sure”. Remember, it is called practicing medicine for a reason 😀 (and yes, I have had similar difficulties since GBS. In fact, my left ear now produces significant more wax than the right ear)

• Anonymous
      February 29, 2008 at 4:00 pm

Your cranial nerves may be inflammed – it’s not common but it does happen with CIDP. It happens to me frequently along with popping, feeling like there is a hair in my ear… check out the Miller Fisher thread and you may see some similar symptoms.

Julie

• Anonymous
      March 1, 2008 at 1:39 am

This too shall pass, eventually, or lessen somewhat, only to reoccur with fatigue-thats my experience anyways.;)