DocDavid

• Anonymous
      January 20, 2007 at 11:24 am

Hi Doc!! It is so good to see you post and share your knowledge ๐Ÿ™‚ [I]Thank [/I][I]you[/I] for sharing your personal struggle. My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you. And I’m sending you a big positive energy hug ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Anonymous
      January 20, 2007 at 1:09 pm

I also want to thank you DocDavid, you are truly an inspiration to me. Your wisdom and honesty in your posts is what keeps me going. You are Our Angel on Earth!:) Take Care Friend!!! Hugs to You and Your Family.

• Anonymous
      January 20, 2007 at 1:30 pm

Okay, I have to add my thoughts too.

David has been a wonderful source of info for all of us, even though he is battling CIDP and other illnesses. Yet he comes here to give of himself always.

You are an inspiration to all of us David. I think of you often and say prayers for you. You are witty and charming too Doc.

Your Dearest Friend
      Love Ya Darling

Double Brandy ๐Ÿ™‚

P.S.

My calf is still mooing from being branded with the purple rose.

• Anonymous
      January 20, 2007 at 6:32 pm

DocDavid,

Thank you for helping when you can, and allowing us to help you when we can.

You are in my prayers and thoughts.

Best wishes always,

Suzanne

• Anonymous
      January 20, 2007 at 7:34 pm

SueWatters had posted a beautiful picture of DocDavid and his daughter walking down the isle. Does anyone know where it went?? Thanks!

• Anonymous
      January 20, 2007 at 8:56 pm

Judy it’s under the posting from a first time member on the CIDP page but I will put it here also.

[IMG]http://www.gbs.org.uk/iB_html/uploads/post-5-31224-bod_scottcol.jpg[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      January 20, 2007 at 8:58 pm

Thank You Doc David for your inspirational and medical help to everyone of us who’s live you have touched.

Sue

• Anonymous
      January 20, 2007 at 11:27 pm

Doc David the picture of you walking your daughter down the aisle,and your story made me cry.My prayers are with you.You have obviously helped a lot of people here.Take good care.

GBS 1999
      CIDP 2003

• Anonymous
      January 20, 2007 at 11:34 pm

Doc David, you are always in my prayers. Take care my friend.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      January 21, 2007 at 12:25 am

Hi,

I don’t know how long this Thread has been running, I cannot figure out who posted last. So I might be messing it up. But, it is about our Doc David and I cannot leave it unanswered.

He has helped me without knowing it on many occasions – simply because I read his replies to others. He has also helped me personally when my arm first went numb. Doc David told me precisiely what was going on and I clung on to what he said through various tests – which eventually proved him right.

More power to your elbow! Don’t forget that, how important exercise is to you at present, so is rest.

God bless

• Anonymous
      January 21, 2007 at 12:53 am

Doc David,
      It was so nice to see a post from you again on our forum. I am so sorry to hear the myriad of health problems that complicate your life; and yet you are still trying to help others. I cannot express how much your emails helped me when I was at my worst.
      Later on, when I had made some improvement, I asked you for help again for another issue. I asked you how I could begin to lose all of the weight that I had put on in nearly two years of being sedentary. Your answer was classic textbook, just two words, and I quote, “Eat less!”
      I am proud to say I took your sound advice & have lost over 50# since then. But I still laugh at your practical advice as well as your sense of humor!
      Pam H

• Anonymous
      January 21, 2007 at 10:46 am

“OUR” docdavid, that’s how all of us who know you think of you. I watch for a post from you so that I know you’re okay. What an awesome gift you gave your daughter when you walked her down the aisle on her wedding day.
      I’ve also turned to you for advice and it was always with an apology for fear of putting too much on you.

INSPIRATION, David is thy name.

• Anonymous
      January 21, 2007 at 7:26 pm

I remember when Ben was in the hospital with GBS two years ago, I was afraid of going on the Internet to research this illness out of fear of reading anything about people dying from it. My best friend and coworker, Erica, found this forum for me and told me there was a doctor on here, and that I could trust it as a site to find the information I needed at the time. So, basically, I probably would never have come on here if it hadn’t been for DocDavid.

DocDavid, if there is anything I can do for you, please let me know. You’ve helped so many of us through this, and we love you so much. There isn’t anything I wouldn’t do for you.

Love,

Shannon

• Anonymous
      January 21, 2007 at 10:34 pm

Doc David’s posts have given much needed information for us. Thanks for all your effort to give good information.

• Anonymous
      January 22, 2007 at 6:58 am

My friends, thank you for your kind words, I feel very humble. DocDavid

• Anonymous
      January 22, 2007 at 9:03 am

Thanks Doc David for so much help to so many. You have help me both by response to my questions and all your posts I have read.

• Anonymous
      January 22, 2007 at 2:44 pm

From just around the corner (the Netherlands), many thanks! Although you haven’t given me advice directly (yet?) your posts helped me a lot.

• Anonymous
      January 22, 2007 at 7:50 pm

It’s gone midnight, I just found this Thread. So, I will just add my piece.

Our DocDavid saved me from going nutty. My arm went numb (ages ago) he told me straight – and the hospital confirmed what he said. His practical, no nonsense, posts stopped my panicing (and I can panic very well).

Since then, the situation has become a little strange yet because of his replies I have not thrown a wobbly.

Our Doc calmed me down, gave me something to consider and his suggestions regarding my arm problems have spilled over into dealing with my eyesight problems. I may be frightened but I am calm.

Thanks Doc David, more than you know.

God bless

• Anonymous
      January 26, 2007 at 6:33 pm

Hi

I know it’s me again but – I was talking to someone just today who hadn’t heard of GBS and I mentioned this site and that Doc David was here and ‘you should see him walking down the aisle’! Must be because I saw the picture again last night.

God bless

• Anonymous
      January 26, 2007 at 10:37 pm

wow…I havn’t been here for awhile. due to laziness or fatigue or whatever the case may be. But, this was the first opportunity for me to see the wedding picture also and it is beautiful. Doc you are just how I pictured you to look. ๐Ÿ˜€ Absolutely adorable. I also say thank you to all of the information, and sharing that you do on this site. You have definitely touched many lives.

Take care and God Bless.

sherry price

• Anonymous
      February 4, 2007 at 9:25 pm

Thanks, to the posts of Doc David I have got answers not available any where else.