dizzy

• Anonymous
      December 2, 2010 at 8:01 am

hey just curioous if anyone has had dizzy spells alot. i normal get like a vertigo feeling after my ivig but it’s been going on now for a week and accompanied with extreme fatigue.
      just wondering….does anyone else get dizzy alot?

• Anonymous
      December 2, 2010 at 9:39 am

[FONT=”Microsoft Sans Serif”]i was often dizzy while i had cidp… i even passed out on 3 occasions.

i have heard it described as orthostatic hypertension but i can’t confirm that. most neuros think cidp is confined to lower legs and hands– many often dispute that we have pain associated with the condition. another reason i was happy to be treated by an immuotherapist rather than a neurologist. i believe that the neurologist’s toolbox contains treatment options for handling symptoms, not on the root cause of the disease. but i digress.

when i stood up, i had to hold on more than not, lest i would fall down from severe dizziness. and i might add, i was [B]not[/B] on ivig. my point being that i feel it is due to the disease primarily– although when i did try ivig, it made me feel worse in all ways so perhaps it can exasperate other states of being.

incidentally, one of the reasons i was so particularly confident that my cidp had been killed off was the fact that, despite massive doses of chemotherapy, my dizziness was gone before i even left the hospital!

best–[/FONT]

• Anonymous
      December 2, 2010 at 10:51 am

thanks alice. i think i am going to take tomorrow off from work and just lay aaround.

• Anonymous
      December 2, 2010 at 7:53 pm

Yes, I get dizzy from my CIDP, very frequently before I was treated, less so now.

I also get dizzy when the nurse runs my IVIG faster than it should be, for me it is a dead give away that they need to slow down the rate.

• December 3, 2010 at 1:03 am

One of my main symptoms is dizziness and accompaning headache. I have been through different pain thresholds in legs and arms but the dizziness lingers on. I will say though that currently the dizziness is not as bad as it has been but I cannot say whether it is because of the IVIg or just the nature of the disease. I also used to have wilding fluctuating blood pressure but this appears to be moderating now.

Tim

• Anonymous
      December 12, 2010 at 2:40 am

Re: Dizzy. Long story short, try hydrating. I was having dizzy spells and highly concerned. I looked into it and figured it was maybe low blood pressure but that didn’t fit with my normal very good vitals. Maybe just another ‘thing’ to deal with. Always something…and on to other little things that I hope will make a difference…
      I’m never thirsty, so decided to up my water intake after nurses were having a harder time sticking me. Figured it couldn’t hurt and would try it. Not only did my ‘dizzy spells cease’, but my nurses commented on my better veins and my dental hygienist even commented that my gums looked really healthy. I drink about three quarts a day (I think) and after some initial experimentation my body adapted and now I crave the stuff. Its cheap too! I’m still never thirsty but no dizzy, better veins, better gums, who could ask for more. Good luck.