? Did You Purchase Gas on May 15th

• Anonymous
      May 16, 2007 at 8:52 am

[FONT=Century Gothic]Yesterday was the day when people were not suppose to buy gas, I just thought I’d put this here to see how many replies I got back on this one. In response to this the stupid idiots raised the gas 20 cents it is now $3.19.9 when is this going to stop. I’m just about ready to hang it up & quit 😡 [/FONT]

• May 16, 2007 at 10:52 am

We have a Hummer so it is getting a little ridiculous, It was $115 to fill up Friday. Good thing I only put 22K miles on the car in four years! In answer to your question, NO I did not purchase gas yesterday and reminded my friends. I really don’t think it made a difference, as you said they raised the price and are going to make the loss up today and for however long this new inflated gauge is in affect for. I think we should boycott cable too! In Illinois, there is only one supplier, besides the dish, and we are all forced to pay what they ask. Why did Adam and Eve have to eat that apple, we could have had free food, gas, cable etc. Ha Ha 😮

• Anonymous
      May 16, 2007 at 11:31 am

DD, our gas is up to $3.29, consider yourself lucky.;)

• Anonymous
      May 16, 2007 at 4:01 pm

Do I didn’t. With the current prices I have to wait till payday. My wife thinks I’m nuts, but I considering getting a Harley. That is if I can find a trike.

• Anonymous
      May 16, 2007 at 10:12 pm

tonight we had a news story about a lady who paid $0.03 a gallon for gas today! she drove a large suv and filled it up with 30 gallons for only $1.17!

she saved over $96.00 by using her Giant Eagle savings perks points. of course to get that much off per gallon she spent $1600 on groceries in the last month!:eek:

• Anonymous
      May 16, 2007 at 10:13 pm

Jim we have Harley Trikes up here if you want one that bad!:D

• Anonymous
      May 16, 2007 at 11:57 pm

[COLOR=red]Here in SC gas is around $2.859 😮 [/COLOR]

• Anonymous
      May 17, 2007 at 8:30 am

Dave send some of that cheaper gas my way, at least I don’t live in Louisville Ky. Gas is $3.39

• Anonymous
      May 17, 2007 at 10:42 am

Eastern Washington state ~ $3.45/gal. It is not unusual for us to be one ot the highest places in the nation. We’re considered “isolated” so they charge what they want. It’s what I call the “School Yard Bully” syndrome 😮

• Anonymous
      May 17, 2007 at 1:45 pm

no we did not buy gas even the larger companys here did not fuel their vehicles in hopes for a relief. I dont know what hurts more my body or my pocket book? :confused: :confused:

• Anonymous
      May 17, 2007 at 8:48 pm

18 months ago I stopped using my car and therefore gasoline. It has been on the road in the last year on a limited basis. I did not buy gasoline on that date….I have a full tank thanks to our local grocery store that offers fuel perks. Giant Eagle and Get Go Gas stations. I buy about $400 a month of groceries so that gets me about 80 cents off a gallon and is good for three months before it expires. So I can save alot toward that tank of gas I get every 2 months or 2.5 months. You can also get credit for any gift card you buy for many of the larger stores around here like Home Depot. I bought enough gift cards to pay for my stuff at each store. Those purchases really helped. I come very close to getting a free tank of gas with all my perks! That free 30 gallons really helps when you have a vehicle with those large tanks! Now they have gift cards for most resturants too. Department stores! Gasoline is $2.97 here today….could hit $3.00 tomorrow. What I can not understand is price gouging. They have not recieved a delivery for almost a month but they have raised the price per gallon $.50 within that time. Don’t you have to pay higher prices for a product before you can pass on the higher costs?

• Anonymous
      May 17, 2007 at 10:38 pm

😉 What your talking about is speculation, these jerks here are good at it. The gas goes up 30 cents on the gallon, well the gas they already have in their tanks they pd less money for. But don’t think their going to get left out, so they raise the price of it. You know it looks like someone is making some profit there wouldn’t you say. I saw gas prices tonight at several locations 3.19, 3.09, & one station that was selling it for 2.95. Their lot was over run with cars trying to get at that gas, when I left to come home another one had dropped to 2.95. I guess they wern’t going to let that other station take away all the business.