denture cream and neuro symptoms

• March 30, 2009 at 2:52 pm

sorry no info

• Anonymous
      March 30, 2009 at 7:11 pm

Dawn Kevies mom,

I was told years ago, by a neurologist, not to take zinc supplements. I never knew the connection to neuropathy. Interesting.

• March 30, 2009 at 8:30 pm

Zinc robs the body of copper I believe. Low copper I believe causes neuro symptoms. don’t quote me on it. for some reason I am having trouble remembering things today!!! i think I am overstressed and tired.
      Dawn Kevies mom

• Anonymous
      March 30, 2009 at 11:46 pm

Does this tie into the dental fillings theory as well?

• Anonymous
      March 31, 2009 at 9:53 am

Interesting thread that I will keep watching! Thanks guys!

• Anonymous
      March 31, 2009 at 8:33 pm

I had a friend with MS but she was getting rid of her fillings because they had Mercury in it.
      I take 50 mg of Zinc every day but I also take a Copper capsule. You do need to balance them. But I have taken Zinc for many years and have had no adverse effects. I would guess that the denture cream might have something else in it that is harmful. Or perhaps it is a different kind of zinc. But saying all that, what do I know – you might be correct. I have two temporary crowns put on while I make sure the root canal worked. I question whether that substance is safe.
      I am really skeptical about everything that goes into my body. I do not trust the doctors or dentists to know what is safe. They listen to the manufacturers and it takes years for the rest of us to connect the dots.

• Anonymous
      March 31, 2009 at 11:36 pm

Interesting thread… My mother has had false teeth since her late 40s (is 84 now) & has no neurological symptoms or memory problems, after many years of using these products. But I have had problems with my teeth since first getting my permanent teeth in, apparently I have almost no enamel on my teeth. Years & years of multiple fillings, refillings, crowns, root canals, & now two bridges. For most of my life, the fillings were mercury, & it does make me wonder if that could have been one of my problems? My siblings didn’t get the “bad teeth”, & fortunately my 3 children have almost never had any fillings. Have a temporary filling in right now, after another root canal last week; wish I would have had them all pulled years ago (and thousands of dollars ago), but the dentists don’t believe in that anymore.
      Pam

• Anonymous
      April 1, 2009 at 11:03 pm

Pam,
      I have had dental problems since a kid. According to the blood type theory, those of us with blood type O have more dental problems than the other bloodtypes because we are more acidic.
      JUst wondering – are you an O? Your siblings do not necessarily have to be the same blood type. Or it could do with eating lots of sugar products.

• April 1, 2009 at 11:25 pm

sorry no info

• Anonymous
      April 2, 2009 at 12:16 pm

Sorry but I go against the blood type theory, I’m an A+ and have soft teeth. Water has broken them. I also had hyperemesis during both pregs. I know what you went through Dawn.

• Anonymous
      April 8, 2009 at 11:01 am

[SIZE=”4″]The lawyer is in NYC. I’ve been using Fix-o-dent for 17 years. Their claim is the zinc based cream gets absorbed into the body through your gums. The zinc then depletes the copper. I did a blood test & my zinc & copper levels were normal. However, I have been taking a Centruim Multi-vitamin forever. Since I got CIDP, I’ve been taking a vitamin to support the mylin & it has all kinds of minerals in it.[/SIZE]