Dell has mono

• Anonymous
      May 13, 2007 at 2:20 pm

Dell has tested postive for yet another thing…mono. He had been having fevers for 2 weeks and after taking him to pediatrician, ENT and neurologist, none could figure out what was wrong.

I don’t know if the neurolosist tested him for the yeck of it, I can’t remember, it’s been a week or so but we got the results yesterday.

He’s actually not as tired as I remember other family members being. I wonder how this new sickness will impact his weakness. We have been battling weakness since about Jan-Feb. He didn’t need another ailment to bring him further down.

We are in the hospital for heavy dose solumedrol and he is so cranky. He can’t get comfortable, most of the time only wants his “mama” and just all in all does not feel well. When he’s up and stronger, he is a great kid.

Lori

• Anonymous
      May 13, 2007 at 2:59 pm

My son Ben had that when he was 9. All he wanted to do was lay down, he was so tired.
      His liver also got infected (hepatitis) and our doc was really worried.
      They let him stay home with meds, but he was really listless and we were scared.
      It took about a month before he was back to his old self.
      Dell will get better. Little kids have a lot more ability to heal than us older folks do.
      Just give him lots of hugs and comfort, and popscicles.
      Trudy, Natesmom

• Anonymous
      May 15, 2007 at 8:09 am

Just wanted to let you know I will be praying for Dell’s quick recovery of Mono and he’ll be in my prayers. Hang in there, there is always a light at the end of the tunnel even if you can’t see if right away. Stay strong for Dell he needs all the love and support from mama and family.

• Anonymous
      May 15, 2007 at 10:26 am

lori,

not that he doesn’t have mono, but i tested positive for 5 things that i did not have including mono. take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength

• Anonymous
      May 15, 2007 at 7:27 pm

Gene,

That is so strange that you wrote that email. I’m wondering about that myself. Today, we received the blood test. The test says “EBV by PCR” It says it’s negative for EBV.

The nurse called the dr. and he will talk to me tomorrow about it. I think he told the nurse he tested postive for the antigen. I don’t know, so confusing.

Thanks for all of your replys.

• Anonymous
      May 16, 2007 at 10:56 am

Ebstein Barre Virus appears very similar to mono, sore throat, muscle aches sluggishness and fevers. very often times mono goes into ebv also. since ebv and mono are autoimmune diseases also i wouldn’t doubt Dell tested positive for the antigen and will test positive for other autoimmune diseases also. Give Dell Big Hugs from his Auntie C please. Lori, Please make sure you get rest also, you are such a strong Mom!:)

• Anonymous
      May 17, 2007 at 1:13 am

Geez Lori I am sorry. Call me so we can catch up. Y’all are in my thoughts and prayers.

Jerimy