Dawn Kevies Mom (what A Wonderful Woman)

• Anonymous
      January 10, 2008 at 10:54 pm

I’m not sure how many of you on this thread know DAWN KEVIES MOM, but I want everyone to know how wonderful she is. I have had CIDP for atleast 2 years and have never had anyone to talk to about it. When I first joined, her and I began to talk on the computer and telephone. Even though she has her own issues with her son kevin, she finds time to comfort me! She called me long distance everyday through my first IVIG treatment, she gave me every bit of advice and takes time out to explain things to me in such a comforting but forward way no sugar coating things . She has been a rock for me in such a short time.

The most important thing about her Is that she makes me laugh and laugh hard! Having CIDP makes laughing difficult for me because I’m always depressed. Dawn I thank You for this! I want you to know that I love you and thank you so much for your support.

Please everyone, find someone on here that you can make feel this way because many of us don’t have any understanding type of support at home and this forum and computer is all some of us have.

Love and Kisses to all

• Anonymous
      January 11, 2008 at 1:37 am

I would like to say that I am very impressed with her compassion and offers to help me with some of the issues I am trying to sort out for my husband with CIDP. She is obviously a very special person. This forum is wonderful. I have often felt overwhelmed trying to sort out things as my husband is pretty sick right now (all the side effects from his adventure with Imuran has caused a flare up). And it is comforting to come here and find answers and support. But special thanks to Dawn.
      Laurel

• Anonymous
      January 11, 2008 at 7:54 am

I have to say I am impressed, too. She is a true mama bear and fights for her cub. She is also a rock to many here.

thanks Dawn !

Stacey

• January 11, 2008 at 9:35 am

WOW! How kind and considerate to take the time to say such kind words! I can truly say I have never been so humbled or moved. Reading those words was like an experience I cannot explain. You are all so kind in the midst of your trials and tribulations to take the time to write such kind things about me. On days that I am sad and feeling worthless (pretty often) I am going to pull out this piece of paper with this post and remember that I am worth something to some people. I wonder if you know that this truly was a life changing experience for me regarding my self worth and self esteem. I could never repay you guys for your comments!
      Dawn Kevies mom

• Anonymous
      January 11, 2008 at 4:33 pm

LOOK at that Dawn! You HAVE made a difference!

I keep telling you that it gets easier with time. And now that you are helping others, it’ll get even easier.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!

Kelly

• Anonymous
      January 11, 2008 at 9:09 pm

I think that God gives us all special gifts and that Dawn’s must be compassion and encouragement! Way to go, Dawn!! You have a caring heart ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous
      January 18, 2008 at 3:05 pm

I’m so happy to see others that have experienced the wonderful Dawn..hahahh…I just had a three day treatment of IVIG and I have been feeling terrible, and guess who called and made me feel better. Thank You Dawn…I also want to thank all of you on this Forum, because I know that each person on here would encourage anyone who reached out for your help.

• Anonymous
      January 18, 2008 at 3:32 pm

I have to second, third, fourth…well you know what I mean!!:D Dawn, You are a Wonderful MOM and FRIEND!!!!:)

• Anonymous
      January 18, 2008 at 5:45 pm

Dawn, I want to chime in and tell you that you made a difference for me, too–thanks for being there to encourage me and talk things through!
      I pray for you and Kevie during all your ups and downs. Here’s hoping 2008 has many more ups! Take care of yourself, too!

Cincymom

• Anonymous
      January 19, 2008 at 1:07 am

I’m chiming in again. Today I received a package from Dawn with lots of helpful info. that will help us talk to my husband’s neurologist. Even though Kevin, was having a bad weekend, Dawn took the time to put the package of articles in the mail to us. You can’t even imagine how it feels to get that kind of support. CIDP can be overwhelming and dealing with the doctors even more overwhelming–so being informed and prepared when you talk with them is critical. Thank you Dawn! Make sure you call on us if you need anything, and I will be rushing to your rescue–that is a promise.
      Laurel

• Anonymous
      January 19, 2008 at 1:24 am

Hey Laural,

She did the same for me! I got my package the other day. you are right CIDP is a very trying disease and it sound like your very supportive to your husband, please please stay that way and no matter how much he wants to talk about it, let him because it’s a release. My husband told me today that I need to find something else to talk about because thats all i talk about. How sad. needless to say I was very hurt.

๐Ÿ™

• January 19, 2008 at 5:00 pm

You guys are unbelievable! You cannot imagine how much you have touched me. I feel kind of selfish, because when I respond to you guys, it really is theraputic to my depressions in dealing with Kevin. Until this site, other than my children, I really could not give you a clear definition of family. I know now, family is not by blood only, it is from the heart! A good week end to you all.
      Dawn Kevies mom

• Anonymous
      January 22, 2008 at 11:11 am

ah she’s alright ๐Ÿ™‚

j/k

You are a great caregiver and compassionate person Dawn, I am glad someone started this thread.

Jer