Dad has gbs in Dallas area

• Anonymous
      December 21, 2013 at 9:46 pm

My father age 53 is in the hospital with gbs. He is in a hospital in the Dallas area. We are hoping someone who has had this disorder in the area may be able to give us some guidance. We has been in the hospital for 5 days now. They have started the treatment yesterday. He has had one of the five treatments. He is extremely active so this is very frustrating for him. Any help would be appreciated.

Blake

• GH
      December 22, 2013 at 6:33 pm

I suggest you contact the person who represents the Foundation in the Dallas area:

Ms. Debbie Plimmer
      (469) 688-1072
      debbie.plimmer@gbs-cidp.org

• Anonymous
      February 28, 2014 at 6:16 am

Blake, how is your father? I hope he is home and recovering. Please let us know as you may have gathered it helps to read how others are doing. Also your father is two years older than I. My gbs hit on 6-21 and it was ruff and still have a long way to go. If he would like to talk I would be glad to assist, also you may have discovered few medical personnel have a good working knowledge about Guillain-Barre. I did find Mrs Plimmer helpful tho distance has made it impossible to attend a group meetings. How did your father get GBS? I hope you have gotten the assistance that your family needs.