Creation of Myelin.

• Anonymous
      August 31, 2010 at 5:00 pm

I was searching on a health site on the internet and came across this article about arthritis, MS with information on food and supplements that help with the creation of myelin.

This is a long article, but if you search on “Myelin” you go right to the heart of it.

http://www.garynullforum.com/GNthisArticle.php?article=194

mark.

• Anonymous
      September 1, 2010 at 4:57 pm

Thanks, Mark; ever since I got GBS, I’ve craved certain foods and find that they help to alleviate the symptoms: Welch’s grapejuice, apple cider vinegar, whole grains, eggs, oil, cheese, lean ground beef, milk. In the first year, I suddenly began to crave and drink 2 gallons of milk per week. It’s down to 1 gallon per week nowadays. It works for me to make the GBS more manageable, though sometimes I get careless and skip meals or don’t eat a balanced diet.

I recall that movie “Lorenzo’s Oil.”

• Anonymous
      September 5, 2010 at 7:26 pm

Mark,

This is a very good article but the myelin is focused on the Central Nervous System and does not get into the myelin in the Peripheral Nervous System. They are not the same myelins…they are produced from different cells.

[B]CNS: Oligodendrocyte cells[/B] make the myelin, [U][B]they cooperate in the formation of a myelin sheath along the axon[/B][/U], this is the process of myelination. Each oligodendrocyte produces segments of several axons.

[B]PNS: Schwann cells[/B] make the myelin, [U][B]each schwann cell can myelinate one segment of a single axon[/B][/U] and they work together to form the myelin sheath.

Best regards.

Jethro