Counting my Blessings

• Anonymous
      October 18, 2008 at 12:14 am

On Tuesday October 21, 2008 I will be celebrating my five year anniversary with GBS. That is the date that I was diagnosed. When I look back on this journey I could feel sad but instead I chose to be thankful and to count my blessings. I have met so many wonderful people and there have been so many great things that have come about because of me having GBS and for that I am thankful. I hope each of you realize that you hold a very special place in my heart and even though my memory stinks you are all a part of me. Thank you for being such wonderful friends.
      [IMG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3198/2950224951_c91edccd08.jpg[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      October 18, 2008 at 6:13 am

So glad you are having to look back on the GBS and not having the GBS today like you were 5 years ago having to start from the beginning, but hate that you ended up with GBS.
      But yes you did gain several friends from this and I think all are very special understanding friends.
      The most wonderful thing that came out letting this become a great deal of help in meeting others like us is the computer. Without it we would have never met and probably felt like we were all alone. But this computer has done so much good for many of us with all kinds of diseases! For that! I am truely grateful! Hugs!

• Anonymous
      October 18, 2008 at 9:46 pm

Hi Sherry, What a great milestone to celebrate-I guess if we have to have GBS/CIDP in our lives, we have to celebrate each day that we have been given and make it as best we can. Anyone that loves Winnie and his pals is a friend of mine:cool: (This is you next week in the tavern race). Take care Sherry.

• Anonymous
      October 18, 2008 at 10:40 pm

Hi Sherry, Your kind words bring warm fuzzies to my tummy…just like Pooh! It truly is a blessing to have each other here. Keep counting all the milestones…they tell you how far you have come!