concerned

• Anonymous
      November 26, 2011 at 1:22 pm

Hello Everyone

It be 1 1/2 years since i have been on here. I hope everyone is doing better. I have a new problem and i think its related with my cidp. My fingers are shaking when i use them and also my fingers are cramping together. Does anyone know if this is related to cidp and if anyone else has this. I hope this is not flareing up .

• Anonymous
      November 26, 2011 at 1:24 pm

Are you currently getting any treatment for your CIDP?

Have you discussed this with your dr?

Kelly

• Anonymous
      November 26, 2011 at 1:27 pm

No i have not been to the doc yet i am going Dec 22. Also i am not on any treatment now. I have been doing good for a 1 1/2 yrs but still not 100 % healed.

• Anonymous
      November 26, 2011 at 3:26 pm

Hand tremors and clumsiness were actually among my first CIDP symptoms. I still suffer with them.

• Anonymous
      November 26, 2011 at 4:36 pm

tjay,
      I am inclined to think yes, it is related to the CIDP. mine started in my hands with tingles, weakness (then shaky). I got “cramps” like my fingers went stiff and locked together (2 of them) and crossed over my palm without me doing anything. It was really weird.
      don’t wait it out, get to your doctor. Might need IVIg or something…
      sorry to hear this is going on for you.
      Wendy 🙂

• Anonymous
      November 26, 2011 at 5:25 pm

thanks for the info i am going to doc in Dec so i will find out what is next. My hand seems fine when i am not doing nothing but when i try to write or turn my hand a certain way it will shake. I am worried about my job because i have to use my hands when working on equip. Some of the workers are noticing that i am shaking and they are asking questions. Again thanks for your comments

• Anonymous
      November 27, 2011 at 12:39 pm

When we went to a CIDP/GBS conference a couple of years ago, intention tremors were discussed as being a big problems for some people with CIDP. Some even had surgery for it.
      Laurel

• Anonymous
      November 27, 2011 at 4:18 pm

[FONT=”Microsoft Sans Serif”]Yes, I too got this stuff. I had terrible tremors, worsened by steroids. They are gone now. I also got the finger cramping/locking/charlie horse thing. That still happens from time to time– for no reason my fingers contort and lock in a painful fashion. Frankly, this latter symptom occurred more for me during neurological repair, not while I was getting worse.[/FONT]

• Anonymous
      November 28, 2011 at 5:07 pm

I have tremors from my CIDP, hands, arms, legs, etc. Muscle cramping too. IVIG has helped reduce them.

• Anonymous
      November 29, 2011 at 6:55 pm

I’ve had big problems with this for the past 4 years, and worse this year.
      So I do a lot of range-of-motion exercises with my hands and fingers many times a day. I also make myself do things my hands don’t immediately want to do. Handwriting…first my hand will hardly grip the pencil or pen, then I can only print clumsy, then I can print evenly, then I can start to write, then the writing improves. (all within a few minutes)

I believe that it’s a case of: use ’em or lose ’em.

Another thing that I worried about for 4 years (yes, I’ve just passed my hellaversary), was using my hands for sewing, crochet and knitting again.
      Playing musical instruments continues to be very painful and awkward, and I’ve lost a lot of ability there.

But this past Sunday, I brought out my crochet yarns and needles, and attempted to crochet again with a large hook. And I found out that I could still do that. So I tried a smaller hook, and after a few minutes, I found out I could do that too. So I crochetted for a few minutes, then my hand froze up and burned till I rested, and after I rested I resumed, and crochetted an entire dishcloth for a Christmas gift. After I was done, I noticed that my fingers could actually touch the palms of my hands next to my wrists again (haven’t seen that for a long time). And though I couldn’t sleep that night because of the cramps, the next morning after the stiffness wore off, my fingers were a bit more limber than usual. So I tried crochetting with a fine metal hook, and found that I could still do that too, though it is extremely slow and painstaking work. And that was a very exciting find for me, folks!

So I brought out all my yarns and crochet cotton and hooks and supplies, and it’s spread all over the house, and I’m getting free patterns off the internet, and planning hand-crafting gifts for years to come. And I haven’t been so happy in years….years…

On the downside, I ate chicken noodle soup last night and today, so my hands and fingers swelled from all the salt and preservatives, but it hardly dampened my spirits at all.