Compassion

• Anonymous
      January 7, 2009 at 5:28 pm

Hello,

I’m not a “seasoned” member of this forum, however, comments made in a couple of recent posts disturbed me.

I love this forum as it has been a tremendous source of information. Prior to finding this forum in 2007, I had no support nor was I in touch with anyone that understood my issues firsthand. It’s wonderful to finally have an open dialogue with others who share the same experiences (although I’d rather none of us have experienced these issues). 🙁

With that in mind, I’m thinking this forum may be the only support system for others. As unreal as it may seem, some people have no one to talk to or commisserate with, which I know first hand.

I realize there are multiple posting regarding the same issue day after day. I’m definitely guilty of bringing a topic up more than once or twice. 😮 I also realize that some of us have chronic pain as well as other overwhelming issues and our response may be a bit “terse”.

However, I’d hate to feel that what I’ve said or done (or haven’t said) has hurt someone or caused them to feel ignored. I’m of the belief that a little bit of compassion and understanding can go a long way.

Well, that’s all I wanted to share.

If this post is offensive, I sincerely apologize in advance as that is not my intention.

Take care,

Tina

• Anonymous
      January 7, 2009 at 7:42 pm

Tina,
      We don’t need to be “seasoned” members to give support to others.
      I noticed those couple of posts recently but did think it was handled in a good way and nothing got out of hand.
      Your post is a good one and in no way offensive.
      Compassion goes a long way in giving support to others especially when they are in pain, desperate for advice and need to be understood by those that have been there whether it is GBS/CIDP or other related issues.
      Take care
      Shirley

• Anonymous
      January 7, 2009 at 8:20 pm

My Tina.
      Please say what ever you have bothering you. I have unloaded and may have upset a few over the past 2 yrs but as I have heard if something someone said upset me then I needed to hear it.
      I see all of us equal and children of God. we all share what we feel a need to do. Good, bad, happy, sad, whatever.Please keep shareing yourself with us as much as you need too. and never feel you have to compete. just keep being your beautiful self, Your are part of our family. Your friend (Steve)

• Anonymous
      January 7, 2009 at 9:51 pm

Hi Shirley and Steve,

No one has offended me nor have my feelings been hurt. I had to learn to toughen up after my bout with GBS as I was my sole means of support (mentally, emotionally, financially) after I left the rehabilitation center. So yep…I’m a toughie. I’m also extremely compassionate, especially towards others who have had and still are having a much more difficult time.

I’m also concerned that people new to the forum may “read between the lines” of a few recent posts and become afraid to ask questions.

We all have good days and bad days; I just hope we can keep in mind that some people have had months and years of bad days.

Take care and be well,

Tina

• Anonymous
      January 8, 2009 at 1:28 pm

I’m a little confused and am wondering what you are referring to. I only ask because I want to be sure to correct myself if this involves me so maybe you can be a bit more specific or maybe address whoever is concerning you privately?
      Thanks,
      Linda

• Anonymous
      January 8, 2009 at 3:39 pm

Hi Linda,

My post wasn’t of a personal nature as I haven’t had issues with anyone on the forum. However, it was simply a post regarding compassion and I mentioned a couple of recent comments as “generic examples”.

I would never overstep my bounds by telling anyone their post was “(fill in the blank)”. The main thing about my post was and always will be “Compassion”. 🙂

Take care,

Tina

• Anonymous
      January 9, 2009 at 9:06 am

Hi Tina! I certainly agree with you! We do all have bad days and good days. But each and every one of us need to have that compassion at times. And some of us are worse than others as far as being sick. Good reminder! Thanks for sharing! Hugs
      Linda H