Come welcome a new member!

• Anonymous
      May 24, 2007 at 11:49 am

Hi all. I was diagnosed with GBS in July 2004. I was fully paralyzed for ~4 weeks, but didn’t require a vent or feeding tube (barely). This post is really just a post to say hello, however, so I’ll save my particular story for another time.
      I have been lurking around this site for a while now, reading people’s stories and comments. I must say, this is a group of profoundly compassionate people – a trait I’ve certainly nurtured as well since going through my own ordeal.
      GBS is relatively unknown in my neck of the woods (my 68 year-old neurologist had only had one other case in his 40+ year practice, and that was in the ’70’s), so it’s been incredibly uplifting to hear other people talk about the very things I’ve been dealing with for the last 3 years.
      So a premature “thank you” for the warm reception I’m sure I’ll recieve, and I’m sure I’ll be posting on a regular basis soon.

Robb

• Anonymous
      May 24, 2007 at 2:17 pm

Roberto,
      Welcome to the family. I see you are studying to be a science teacher. I’ve been teaching middle school science for the past 8 year. It’s a blast! ๐Ÿ˜€

Hopefully, you will be in the classroom soon. Take care.

• Anonymous
      May 24, 2007 at 3:56 pm

Welcome! ~ glad you decided to join “The Family” ๐Ÿ™‚ As you’ve read, we share anything and everything ๐Ÿ˜€ It’s so great to find people who really do understand without a lot of explanation that others don’t “get it” anyway. Not because they don’t want to but we experience this crazy stuff 24/7 ๐Ÿ˜ฎ So, welcome, join right in!

• Anonymous
      May 26, 2007 at 6:37 pm

Hello Robb,
      Welcome to your new family where we feel what you feel. When you are ready to come back, may I suggest that you put your post in GBS/ADULT, many of our family members will miss your post when it is placed in News and Announcements. Speaking for myself, we do not frequent N&A on a daily basis, as you can see by the date of your post and mine.

WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE THE WELCOME YOU GET IN GBS/ADULT;) With your new family, you can vent, cry out of frustration, find support, ask quuestions. We’re here and waiting.

• Anonymous
      May 26, 2007 at 7:56 pm

Welcome! I’m so happy you have joined the board. I look forward to reading more of your posts in the future.

๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous
      May 27, 2007 at 6:01 am

Welcome Robb! Welcome glad you found us, looking forward to your posts ๐Ÿ™‚ .

• Anonymous
      May 28, 2007 at 5:30 am

welcome to the family……….pls do post ur story…………were every one can learn some thing from ur story………………defenitely every one’s story has one or other subject to learn. seeeeeeeeeeee uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.:)

• Anonymous
      June 1, 2007 at 2:02 pm

Greetings Robb!

A little slow on getting to this section (as mentioned by others), but finally did and get to say hello and welcome to you. I look forward to hearing more about your story and what you are up to lately. Are you from Grand Rapids? I was born there in 1957 – do you know any Velte’s?

• Anonymous
      July 14, 2007 at 6:32 pm

Hey Robb welcome