Colds and GBS

• Anonymous
      December 11, 2006 at 2:24 pm

[SIZE=2][COLOR=magenta]Hello All,[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=magenta]I was wondering if any of you have notice that when you get a cold since GBS it really attacks you and seems to never go away? This weekend all I did was sleep. I have been feeling sick now for about Three weeks and it just will not go away. [/COLOR]
      [COLOR=magenta]Thanks Tammie[/COLOR]
      [/SIZE]

• Anonymous
      December 11, 2006 at 5:44 pm

Tammie,

I have had a really nasty cold recently and it took me 2 weeks to get over it.
      I felt bad from the cold, but fortunatly, my GBS residuals were no worse. Hope you feel better soon.

Suzanne

• Anonymous
      December 11, 2006 at 6:23 pm

tammie,

yep, happens often. plenty of rest for you. really a lot of rest. take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength

• Anonymous
      December 11, 2006 at 7:27 pm

Tammie,

Don’t forget the Airborne and the Emergen C. They sure help me, but of course there is nothing like rest to cure what ails you. A hot toddy doesn’t hurt, either.

• Anonymous
      December 11, 2006 at 7:45 pm

Dear Tammie:

After GBS I always got colds that would last until the next cold came by and took it’s place. I would spends a month or longer at a time being sick. I think it has to do with always running an energy deficit and have two children in grade school doesn’t help.

Lee

• December 14, 2006 at 2:24 pm

Airborne has arabinogalactan in it…I take a Futurebiotic product with that in it along with my vitamins and hand washing and all that. I havent gotten anything yet! Several members of my family and kids at the schools have been sick, but it has not touched me. *knock on wood*

I know that other people even non-GBS are complaining that this season has brought some wierd bugs with it. Colds that are hard to get rid of, a wierd flu bug that is like the flu but not a normal flu, sore throats.

• Anonymous
      December 20, 2006 at 1:29 pm

Got the cold myself a few weeks ago and it hit me hard. Knocked me off my feet for a couple weeks and had me barely moving around for another week or so. I took the Airbornes which didnt help, I took some other things which didnt seem to do anything so I looked at the backs of the bottles and decided I am better of just saving myself a boatload of money and buying the couple things that actually do work. I used to be into health a lot prior to GBS and and pretty up to spead on different vitamins and minerals. I looked up the ingredients I wasnt familiar with and then just bought a couple bottles of stuff that actually will work without all the extras. Hopefully if there is a next time it wont hit me so hard.