CNN coverage of GBS

• Anonymous
      January 20, 2007 at 12:03 pm

Hi all,

Was watching the Saturday morning CNN show from Dr Gupta and he had a segment about GBS and a Tenn. Tech coach with GBS. The segment was short but he did mention this site!:)

Can be seen at:http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0701/20/hcsg.01.html

Turtleman21

• Anonymous
      January 20, 2007 at 12:15 pm

very cool. thanks tm.

• Anonymous
      January 20, 2007 at 2:59 pm

That’s great news to hear.

• Anonymous
      January 20, 2007 at 4:38 pm

Also the show usualy run on Sunday Morning as a repeat I think it’s 8:30 AM Eastern zone.

Sue

• Anonymous
      January 21, 2007 at 9:24 am

THANK YOU SUE, I was able to catch the Sunday morning CNN cause that’s the time I’m having my first cup of coffee. The coach’s name is Mike Sutton and he coach’s Tenn. Tech. basketball team. It said he had GBS two years ago and the news report showed him using a walker, but someone stood at his side to grab him should he fall.

At the end of the news, reporter said go to GBSFI web site for more information about GBS.

• Anonymous
      January 21, 2007 at 10:21 am

Thanks for the link, it’s nice to see GBS getting out there. Sad it takes someone “special” for the syndrome to make the news. I remember when he first became ill, & my son has kept me up to date on his progress (he is a sports reporter.) After two years he still has a long way to go; maybe he will not make the 100% recovery that everyone seems to apply to GBS. Although I did like the statement in there how about 30% are left with muscle weakness.

• Anonymous
      January 21, 2007 at 1:20 pm

My family lives in Tennessee, and my Grandmother sends me news articles about him from the local paper. He’s gone back to work and works from his wheelchair, according to the last article I got. His team has stood by his side throughout this whole ordeal. I hope they replay the interview. I’d love to see it.

Shannon

• Anonymous
      January 21, 2007 at 3:24 pm

Watched it this morning on CNN…
      MAN!!!!
      That brought back old memories of my rehab…
      Wish the best for coach Sutton…

• Anonymous
      January 21, 2007 at 11:11 pm

I decided to look up Coach Sutton’s profile and found it at the Tennessee Tech’s webpage. There is a great article on him, and it mentions his battle over GBS.

If you want to read up on him and the encouraging way he has fought and overcome great obstacles, copy/paste:

[url]www.ttusports.com/index.php?option=com_akostaff&func=fullview&staffid=148&Itemid=152&c=1[/url]

I also sent him a congratulations email. I have no clue if he has time to read them or not, but maybe somebody will.

Dennis

• Anonymous
      January 21, 2007 at 11:36 pm

Thanks, Pam, for mentioning CNN show of GBS was also on Sun 8:30 a.m. Had a chance to watch it and see that the coach still has a ways to go even after 2 years. Did I hear correctly that he wears a back brace also?

Peggy

• Anonymous
      January 22, 2007 at 12:48 pm

Did some research.

Look at the internet Google and search for Mike Sutton.

Tells you everything from day 1 to his current situation.

Happy reading!

• Anonymous
      January 25, 2007 at 5:05 pm

I saw a brief mention in the (Dec?) issue of Consumer Reports. It was a little blurb about undercooked chicken and a guy who ate an obviously undercooked chicken because he was hungry and didn’t have time to send the meat back to the kitchen. He got GBS.

• Anonymous
      February 6, 2007 at 10:32 pm

Hello Everyone,
      Any chance of a transcript of the CNN Story?? Sorry I missed it.
      Bonnie:cool: