Cladribine Questions

• Anonymous
      May 12, 2011 at 8:30 pm

hello all
      brief history here 1st , i was Dx with CIDP just about 1 year ago . since then my neuro tryed prednisone , didnt help . next we tryed cytoxan for 7 months with no improvement. im on 100g IVIG every 2 weeks since last august. the next thing the docs want to try is Cladribine.
      does any here have any experance with this treatment ?

Any help or thoughts on this would be great

Roland

• Anonymous
      May 12, 2011 at 9:56 pm

Reed350:
      I have never heard of Cladribine. Often, when someone does not respond to IVIG, the next step is plasmapheresis. Has your physician discussed that option with you?

• Anonymous
      May 13, 2011 at 7:23 am

Roland,
      Found this information.

■Cladribine Tablets was approved in Russia (July 2010) and Australia (September 2010) as Movectro®, as a therapy for patients with relapsing–remitting MS* [4,5]
      ■Fingolimod(or FTY720) was approved in Russia and the USA (September 2010) and Switzerland and Australia (January 2011) as Gilenya®, as a therapy for patients with relapsing MS† [6–8]

Good luck to you, hope things get better for you.
      Shirley

• Anonymous
      May 13, 2011 at 7:42 am

Mattyrae:
      Thanks for the info. It looks like the FDA rejected Cladribine for use as an MS therapy here in the US, which would explain my unfamiliarity with it. One of the great things about this forum is the fact that we have such an international membership and can find out different approaches to treatment, many of which are not known/approved in the US.

• Anonymous
      May 13, 2011 at 9:21 pm

Goodney
      i am responding to IVIG , but its just maintianing me . over my two week span that im getting IVIG i get weak ankles and legs , weakness in my hands and arms . pins and needles 24/7 in my feet. my CIPD appears to be progressing.

weve tryed prendisone and chemo with no positive results

Im hoping this next treatment “cladribine” does something

Roland

• Anonymous
      May 13, 2011 at 9:38 pm

I had IVIG on the following schedules, all at .4g/kg actual body weight

1. 2 days once per month for 5 months. I did not improve and got lots worse.

2. 2 days per week for 3 months. I did begin to slowly improve over the 3 months.

3. 1 day per week for 3 months. My wife says I lost energy and got weaker. She knows what she’s talking about.

4. 1 day every two weeks for 5 months. I lost strength.

5. 3 days once every 3 weeks for 5 months. My strength declined a lot
      over that time.

6. 1 day once per week since April ’11. I got better quickly and still
      improving.

• Anonymous
      May 14, 2011 at 12:28 am

When you say you were on cytoxan, I was just wondering how much you were infused each month. I was on 1800 mg a month for 8 months after a 3 time loading dose of 1140 mg each time.

• Anonymous
      May 14, 2011 at 3:20 am

Pam H

i was on 1000mg cytoxin every 28 days