CIDP medication

• Anonymous
      May 22, 2009 at 1:23 am

Hi everyone, haven’t been on this site for a long time but I have a question. I have been diagnosed with cidp for 3 years now. I have regained 90% of my mobility and strength, only having problems with my ankle. Will I am currently prescribed immuran and amantadine which i take 2 to 3 times daily. I was wondering if anyone else out there has or is taking the same meds. I also recieve ivig every 6 weeks. I believe these meds and treatment helped get back to 90% but am very worried about the long ususage of these meds. So far I haven’t experiened any wierd side effects but I hate to be taking something for an indefinate period of time and don’t know what the repurcussions can be. Please respond if anyone knows anything. Thank you.

Tyler

• Anonymous
      May 22, 2009 at 5:58 am

You can do regular antibodies levels test, so you can monitor when to start and when to stop the treatment.
      You might argue this with your neuro.

• Anonymous
      May 22, 2009 at 7:01 am

Hi Tyler! They are going to start the Imuran and other drug on me sometime soon. Was supposed to be this week but the doctor has not called me back yet and all my labs are still pending. Trying to decide what dose to start me on. So I will be in the same boat you are in. No IVIG just yet but wished they would go ahead and start it I think a person has to reach a certain criteria with insurance companies before they start the IVIG’s. Seems that way to me. My arms are getting worse and not better and yet I am still only taking prednisone which is no longer helping me like it should be! Will be watching this posting in hopes I too get answers about the drugs! Great post of interest here! Hugs
      Linda H