CIDP and the heart

• Anonymous
      April 2, 2011 at 6:47 pm

I find now that when I try to do the easiest exercise my heart immediately goes into PVCs, as if I were straining. This doesn’t happen every day but most days. I’m wondering if this is related to my CIDP.

• Anonymous
      April 3, 2011 at 1:01 am

When one has a serious illness, it is too easy to forget all of the other things that can go wrong with a person’s body. That is why 9 yr. after coming down with CIDP, I still go in once a yr. to my GP & have regular bloodwork, to check my cholesterol & other levels. I get my blood pressure checked regularly, just had a pap smear & mammogram, & almost 2 yr. ago had all of the heart tests done. I have never heard CIDP causing irregular PVCs, but my hubby has them. Have these checked out by a good internal medicine doctor, not your neuro. Hubby has taken Atenonal for years for these.

• Anonymous
      April 3, 2011 at 10:20 am

Well, I’m researching other issues by reviewing a Dr. Lewis article.

Here’s an excerpt from that article’s Clinical Presentation Section-

“Autonomic system dysfunction can occur; in such a case, the patient would complain of orthostatic dizziness, problems with bowel and bladder functions, and [B]cardiac problems[/B]. ”

I added the bold highlight for ‘cardiac problems.’

The article is here, the quote is at the bottom of the section-

[url]http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1172965-clinical[/url]

• Anonymous
      April 3, 2011 at 5:40 pm

All good info to remember. I think I did read that CIDP and other autoimmune disorders can in some cases bring on heart irregularities. In fact what is certain is how uncertain doctors are in respect to the symptoms that these dosorders can create. That’s why it is so hard to know what is going on. I cannot use BB for PVCs, helps but causes allegic reaction. All Best 🙂

• Anonymous
      April 4, 2011 at 11:10 am

[QUOTE=Gabriel100]…I cannot use BB for PVCs…[/QUOTE]

I was not familiar with this abbreviation, or is it acronym? anyway from medhelp.org-

“by Michael J. McWilliams, M.D., Aug 08, 2008 07:45PM
      Beta blockers are not known to cause PVCs. Under some circumstances, beta blockers can reduce the number of PVCs.”

• Anonymous
      April 4, 2011 at 12:40 pm

This is certainly one of those gray areas. Some issues (sorry, can’t think of a better word) may be caused CIDP/GBS. Prior to having GBS, I went to the doctor on a regular basis. I’d had EKG’s, etc. and all my tests came back normal. However, before I had surgery a few years ago (post GBS) I found out I had a heart murmur.

I don’t have much information about heart murmurs but typically thought you were born with them. I hate to blame all my present and future issues on GBS, but some of these things seem to be related in some obscure way.

Take care,

Tina

• Anonymous
      April 4, 2011 at 2:07 pm

Yuehan,
      bb/pvc usage is for beta blockers and premature ventricular complexes. To do with the heart.