CIDP and Rheumatoid Arthritis?

• Anonymous
      October 19, 2010 at 9:14 pm

Has anyone here been diagnosed with both CIDP and RA? If so, what were your symptoms? What testing confirmed the RA diagnosis? I was diagnosed with CIDP in April and have been on Gamunex since, but am wondering if I might also have RA. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

• Anonymous
      October 19, 2010 at 10:14 pm

ANA’s & their ratio & pattern, rheumatoid factor, anti-CCP and sed rate in combination with clinical/physical findings by a rheumatologist would be used for dx’g RA.

• Anonymous
      October 19, 2010 at 11:04 pm

I was diagnosed in July 2010 with CIDP after undergoing a nerve biopsy. For the past four years I have had numerous tests for various autoimmune and other diseases trying to discover my diagnosis. My father had RA and died from the side effects of cortisone four years ago. His brother (also deceased)had RA. Since I have a strong family history of RA I was tested and showed “slightly positive” on an RA test. I also had a positive ANA (Lupus?) and also had a positive uric acid (gout?). Even though I had some positive tests I did not show other symptoms of RA except a painful deformity of my right pinkie finger. I have not been diagnosed with any other autoimmune disease but since I may have had symptoms of RA which could be masked by the CIDP such as fatigue. Interesting combination.