CIDP and HEAT

• Anonymous
      July 12, 2009 at 9:34 am

I have been for 2 days in a thermal water spa, 4 hours in the hot water, and moving. I felt with no pain as never before, but at night it was terrible,
      I could not sleep at all because of the spinal pains from sacro to head.
      This is very confusing to me because I thought the back pain was because
      of the ankilosing spondyltis, that is supouse to improve with pain, not to get worse.
      does anybody get worst with heat, having CIDP pains?

Pablo,

• Anonymous
      July 12, 2009 at 10:57 am

Hi, Pablo.

I find heat — hot water, hot weather — brings more pain and discomfort. We had a week of temperatures near ninety and I found that the pain, muscle spasms and pins and needles grew consistently worse as the week went on.

Deb
      London

• Anonymous
      July 15, 2009 at 12:18 pm

Yes! I can totally relate to this. I have muscles that really like heat… but for the most part, direct heat increases my pain and spasms… and hot weather just makes me miserable in ways my family just does not understand! I am sorry to see anyone else suffer, but am also relieved to know I am not just crazy! Maggie

• Anonymous
      July 15, 2009 at 4:54 pm

pablo,

A good soaking hot tub feels great at the time, but it totally exhausts me and fatigues me, for several days.

Hot summer temps get me as well, plus 90 is a killer. Cold temps, below 60 also wear me down. I just get so chilled and cannot warm up.

I really need to live in the middle, 67 to 82 would be ideal.

BUT many differ.