Cidp And Feet (pain)

• Anonymous
      July 20, 2009 at 3:07 pm

Well the doc is letting me go back too work after 5 months. I started 2 days ago and my feet are in extrem pain. I am taking neurotin and my feet hurts. What to do? should i quit work, get on ssdi, the doc said i would know pretty soon. I can’t hardly bend them, when i walk because putting pressure on my front bottom feet sends pain all the way up my leg. When i come home and go to bed it just keeps hurting. I am just about ready to throw in the rings. I am tired of fighting ( trying to work people should not have to go threw this). Sorry about venting hope everyone is doing better.

• Anonymous
      July 20, 2009 at 3:43 pm

Hello tjay. I had gbs and have been working the last few months. I know how tough it is when your feet are so sore. I usually tread through the day and as soon as I get home I do the vicodin to sleep and take the edge off.I dont take it usually at work ( but have a very few times) I have a 6 month script for 10/325. It has worked for me. It has been 1 1/2 years dealling with it. have been working on and off the last year. I know they wont give me ssdi cause my only trouble is my feet. I hope you can plug along and work
      Ron

• Anonymous
      July 23, 2009 at 11:48 pm

tjay,

going back to work could be the best thing possible for a SS disability application. Keep records. What can you do, what limitations are there? How long before pain incapacitates you? How long before recovery? How do the drugs affect your performance? How long can you stand?

I understand your pain. I live with it everyday. It absolutely stinks. Remember the other things I mentioned about SS disability. If you are disabled, and understand the process, you are entitled to the benefits.

I’ll help you any way I can.

Dick S

• Anonymous
      July 24, 2009 at 5:20 pm

Hello Dick is your hands bad also? How bad is your feet? I went to work, this is the first week and my feet hurt bad. It i thought i would give it a try to see if i can do it. I go back to neruo doc. in 2 weeks and we can talk again. My feet hurt just having my shoes on. My hands are somewhat numb and sentsative.

• Anonymous
      July 24, 2009 at 7:52 pm

tjay,

It hurts me to wear most shoes – I don’t have a big problem walking, my feet don’t hurt all the time, occasionally get the shooting and/or pins and needles pain. Mostly it hurts to have pressure anywhere other than the bottom of my feet. So I wear Chaco sport sandels all the time. I work in a professional envirornment and look it from my ankles up (LoL)!! Dick S is correct, SSDI is a pain to get and good records will help. Good luck!